Discuss Flashing orange LEDs turn on and off randomly. in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

isaacdyer

Hello all. I work at a rescue boat and we use a converted Thwaites 5 ton dumper truck as our launch vehicle. It has orange flashing LEDs on the front but sometime they will just turn off. Obliviously theI sea water has its effects on the tractor but it seems at low rpms the lights turn on and high revvs they go off. This is the total opposite as to what everyone thinks so what is causing this?

vibration on a loose/corroded connection. probably the chassis return .

Check the alternator output is ok, if it's giving too high a voltage output or a very rough output it might be causing trouble for the electronic circuit controlling the leds

iif the dumper was made by land rover, then it's normal for things to only work randomly. :biggrin5:

Ok thanks all. I doubt it is the alternator as it is brand new but I will check it out.
Thanks!

Did the problem start before, at the same time as or after the new alternator was fitted? What was wrong with the old one?

The fact that the problem is linked to the rpm of the engine suggests that the first port of call is the device which converts rotary motion into electricity

Reply to Flashing orange LEDs turn on and off randomly. in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net