Discuss Flat roof system recommendation in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

saint

-
Reaction score
We are looking for other options for a flat roof install either Landscape or portrait layout. We have used Renusol Consule buckets which are ok but looking for something new/ different.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Its a felt roof so we want to ballast the mounting. Not tried K2 flat roof systems, who stocks it?

Depending on whether you can penetrate the roof surface or not there are a few options. We stock a Schuco A frame system that can be ballasted and it looks better than the Console system in my opinion (which we also stock). There is also the Console+ system which we do not stock (yet) which has a lower ballast weight than the standard Console.

If you would like further info please feel free to get in touch and we can provide advice and some prices.

EDIT: Just seen your post re: ballast

Schletter and Wagner do a Ballasted system - here's a Wagner one we did earlier becasue of the way it works, it had the least ballast requirment of all the systems we analysed (and we analysed a lot !)...
Flat roof system recommendation IMG_1644.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
PM me for more details or look here: Flat Roof Mounting System « Avontech Renewable Solutions

Just to add my tuppence re the Solions - they're exceptionally quick and easy to install, really bl**dy good. And ballast wise we had to put a total of 20kg under just the extreme corner panels of a 43 panel array, so incredibly easy there too.

The only gotcha is if you have to cut a Solion to size. For each row in the array you may have to cut one Solion to fit the row's length exactly. There's a table at the back of the installation instructions which calculates, based on panel length and no. of panels in each row if you'd need to cut a mount or not. It's well worth designing the array so you don't have to cut the mounts..

During the Novemeber rush I coudn't get a flat roof system so I got some brackets made up from aluminium. They cost a third of the price of the K2 stuff, but fitted the K2 rails. Each bracket is bolted to 2 concrete blocks, one front one rear. They have been in winds gusting upto70mph and haven't moved a milimeter No roof penetration required!
Flat roof system recommendation parents house - EletriciansForums.net

The Solion SunMount product looks interesting, however, the 10Deg mounting angle seems a bit low for use this far north...unless I'm missing something somewhere.

The Solion SunMount product looks interesting, however, the 10Deg mounting angle seems a bit low for use this far north...unless I'm missing something somewhere.

Yes and no. The yield from the indidual panel will suffer somewhat but this does mean that orientation isn't so much of an issue.

On flat roof systems, space is often the biggest issue - the higher the pitch, the longer the distance between rows. If space is at a premium then low pitched panels can mean a far more cost-effective system.

Two 50kWp systems - one on a 5 degree South East facing roof, consistently outperforms a 25 degree dues south roof.... the 5 degree roof is still producing at 8pm on (sunny) summer evenings, the 25 degree roof (flat roof, angled support) creates shadow on the row behind in the winter months...

Reply to Flat roof system recommendation in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock