Discuss flex for fire rated downlights? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

n180

-
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused about using the bit of white heat resistant flex for downlights. Do we really need it on fire rated downlights? Isn't it just an extra unnessasary connection?

Why not take the 1.5 standard T&E straight from the Hager (or similar) junction box to light? I'm still trying to understand the reasoning for the flex on fire rated downlights. What regs are we not meeting if we don't use the flex?

I'm a bit confused about using the bit of white heat resistant flex for downlights. Do we really need it on fire rated downlights? Isn't it just an extra unnessasary connection?

Why not take the 1.5 standard T&E straight from the Hager (or similar) junction box to light? I'm still trying to understand the reasoning for the flex on fire rated downlights. What regs are we not meeting if we don't use the flex?

What flex are you talking about? Is this a flex fitted by the manufacturer or a flex you are fitting?

The downlights I use have a flex pre-fitted with a plug and socket similar to a click flow. You just connect T&E, flex, flexshield etc into the socket.

What flex are you talking about? Is this a flex fitted by the manufacturer or a flex you are fitting?

The downlights I use have a flex pre-fitted with a plug and socket similar to a click flow. You just connect T&E, flex, flexshield etc into the socket.

What brands that Dave?

Reply to flex for fire rated downlights? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net