Discuss Getting multiple electrician opinions on EV Charger in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

edd134

DIY
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking into installing an EV charger in my condo that taps into the load of meter. I've gotten three very different opinions on if I have sufficient capacity to install the charger without also adding a 1.2k DCC that allows an EV charger to be installed without impacting peak load.

1. Electrician 1 thinks I can do a full 50 amps without DCC
2. Electrician 2 thinks I can do 30 amps (24 amp charger) without DCC
3. Electrician 3 thinks I have no safe capacity and I need a DCC no matter what.

My meter is providing 125 amps- and my panel is also rated for 125. Is there a way I can validate who is correct? I tried adding up the total amps in my panel, but that's way more than 125 so must not be the way to do the calculate. Photo of my panel below:
20210215_144431.jpg

Reply to Getting multiple electrician opinions on EV Charger in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I would like to hide the cable to an EV charger. The consumer unit, meter cabinet and charger would all be on the same wall. About 5 metres from...
Replies
Views
I note that in answer to another EV Charger question a member suggested a 40A breaker would be preferred to a 32A because of many hours at...
Replies
Views
I will describe my problem in as much detail so you guys might be able to answer my question. I am never home, my Electric bill is $ 28 to $30 a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Merry Christmas to everyone, and apologies for talking work during the holidays😅 I have my first EV charger install job early in the New...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon All I have quoted for the installation of an EV Charger that is located in an underground car park. I don't install many however...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock