Discuss GFCI outlet solid red light - is this normal or indication that something is wrong? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Userrg

DIY
Reaction score
(Every GFCI in my house has a red light and is doing what im about to describe)

None of these outlets have a spot for a green light (that I can see)

I noticed the red light was on. (Solid, not blinking)

I plugged in the outlet tester which indicted it has power and is wired correctly.

I pressed TEST.

this caused the red light to turn off and the test button to pop Out. The outlet tester indicated there was no power to the outlet.

Then I pressed RESET

Then the red light turned back on, power turned back on as well.

Is this red light normal? Is it supposed to be on?

Also can anyone help me figure out the brand? I can't find anything when I google "QUICK" (BOTTom right corner of outlet)
Every GFCI in my house is doing this

KLEIN indicates it is wired correctly, see 2nd picture
Thank you!

Attachments

• 20221006_113557.jpg
    560.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20221006_113522.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 5
That is normal. the Red light just shows that the outlet has power. If you really want to know the manufacturer shut the breaker off and pull the receptacle out and you can ID it from the backside.

Reply to GFCI outlet solid red light - is this normal or indication that something is wrong? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I plugged a drill press directly into a GFCI outlet in the garage. Something blew up by the drill press switch. Since then the GFCI outlet LED...
Replies
Views
Any help or advice. I'm not able to trip my gfci with my plug in tester. IfI push the test button the gcfi will trip but the red light won't turn...
Replies
Views
Recently moved into a house from the 70s. There's no ceiling light in the living room. Assuming the switch for the room was to one of the outlets...
Replies
Views
Want to put a GFCI outlet on a circuit. Currently, this circuit is free of any other outlets or switches. Purchased an Eaton 15-Amp Tamper...
Replies
Views
Upfront disclosure, I am a DIY homeowner with basic knowledge of electrical safety. Here is my issue: Type GFCI Outlet- Eaton TR Installed mid to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock