Discuss Has anyone got a second hand 17th edition they would sell? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

livelylobster

Starting the 2330 course next week and am flabbergasted at the retail price for the regulations book.

If anyone would like to sell theres then I will pay a good price for it...

just use the 16th, add your own page use an rcd/rcbo, don't stand in bath with hair drier.
You can have my 16th for 20 quid, and I'll throw in the certificate as well -;)

I guess I might have to stump the cash then... Can anyone beat £54 that Amazon are selling for or is that a fair price do you think?

I guess I might have to stump the cash then... Can anyone beat £54 that Amazon are selling for or is that a fair price do you think?

Thats a very goog price ,im not sure what the rrp is but i would just get it ,its only 50p a week for the next 2 years and by then we might be on the 18th;)

Thats a very goog price ,im not sure what the rrp is but i would just get it ,its only 50p a week for the next 2 years and by then we might be on the 18th;)

That's very cynical that is, but probably bang on the money (if you'll forgive the pun).

Cost me £65 so yes snap it up.

I paid £45.00 at my local college library. It is where i get all my books, Takes a little while, about 2 weeks.

By the way, you will not need BS7671 until the end of your first year on the 2330 course.

Starting the 2330 course next week and am flabbergasted at the retail price for the regulations book.

If anyone would like to sell theres then I will pay a good price for it...

Sorry I don't wish to sound patronising, but why would anyone want to sell their 17th edition (unless they have 2). I use mine on every job I do. Any good electrician will have it with them all the time. The regs book is not something you can read once and then forget. Once you start college and get into the realms of cable calculation, design current, disconnection times etc you will see what I mean. Incidentally if you are starting 2330 level 2 you won't need the 17th edition regs book until year 2.

Sorry I don't wish to sound patronising, but why would anyone want to sell their 17th edition (unless they have 2). I use mine on every job I do. Any good electrician will have it with them all the time. The regs book is not something you can read once and then forget. Once you start college and get into the realms of cable calculation, design current, disconnection times etc you will see what I mean. Incidentally if you are starting 2330 level 2 you won't need the 17th edition regs book until year 2.

Well yes you do sound patronising. I have already stated that I am just starting out, so obviously I am not clued up about all the ins and outs regards to these things. We have an equpment list and the book is required for the course according to the tutors. How do I know its something that a spark should carry it around at all times, because I bet most dont?

Dont be so condescending man, I bet there was a time when you knew sweet FA.

Well yes you do sound patronising....

I don't think he sounded patronising and I bet if Saveloy hadn't included that sentence, " Sorry I don't wish to sound patronising" in his reply you wouldn't have even reacted or indeed felt that he was being patronising or, as you also put it, 'condescending'.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well yes you do sound patronising. I have already stated that I am just starting out, so obviously I am not clued up about all the ins and outs regards to these things.
Lighten up Mr Angry. You didn,t state that you were just starting out,just that you were starting a 2330 course. 90% of the people I went to college with were already working in the trade. One had been a sparks for over 15 years.
We have an equpment list and the book is required for the course according to the tutors. How do I know its something that a spark should carry it around at all times,
Well you do now because I told you.
because I bet most dont?
I bet most do carry some form of the wiring regs even if it is only an on site guide. You have just proved that you are not clued up about all the ins and outs regards to these things by making this statement.

When I was 4 I knew sweet FA and it's been a learning curve ever since.

Reply to Has anyone got a second hand 17th edition they would sell? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock