Discuss How are you getting work? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

12345aob

I've been trying to get work in - so far I've tried...

leafleting
newsagent ads
local rag
putting the word out
putting leaflets on cars in b&q carpark

- going to see estate agents and visiting property auctions to hand out buisness cards

but the work is not coming in? im not here for a whinge - just wondered if anyone had any other tricks or knows of any sites taking on in the south manchester area?

ya not on ya own m8 iv done exactly the same thing the only responce iv had is i saw this woman sittin in her car and passed her a leaflet and she text me for a chat :) lol im gona need somework pretty quick before she asks me to take her for dinner :-/ lol

I have a few fairly large installs on the go at them moment, but nothing the other side yet.

Gotta thank the regulars for keeping me afloat.

Try local schools, ive managed to take the work from the grubby hands of the local council sparks, and its a new financial year for them as well, plenty of money to spend on maintenance.

Seems to me that you are tryin hard mate, and thats just it , keep going and out of all those leaflets etc, you only need one job and its all been worthwhile, we are lucky we have a customer base, so we get work , and also as i have mentioned many a time get well in with your wholesalers, as they get jobs and then they get to sell you the materials so every one wins, keep going mate, it will happen.

Hi
Me to had 2000 leaflets printed delivered all but sweet nothing, i sorry to be a damper but for me i feel there are to many companies employing very cheap Labor i know of 4 big projects 98% cheap labor.

There is work at Belmarsh Prison the agency is Lane Global must have a CRB Check the work is there but with the expansion of the EU and Non EU its going to be a while before we get a look in.

Even council contracts have been stopped due to lack of funds.

Thanks

Mark

Was in the same boat last august - completely dried up!
Leafleting was a waste of time - did 1500 not one call!
Put a printed postcard in 12 of the main newsagents around the city - got a few jobs but only from 1 newsagent
Sent letters & business cards to 30 builders out of yellow pages - 2 rang me and got £3k's of work out of 2 jobs so that kept me going until work picked up again a few weeks later.
Yellow pages & yell.com works well for me - last yr i put a £900 ad in yell pages and found people were put off because it was quite big so thought i would be more pricey - so this year i put one 1/2 the size and its worked really well.
Get yourself a good looking website & get it linked on all the free sites so its gets good ranking on the main search engines - i get alot of work from people through this
I got a free £50 google adwords voucher - glad it was free cos its ****e!
Get van signwritten - again good advertising
Last one to try is contact your local estate agents - i havnt done this yet but will as soon as i get off my bum lol
Apart from that hang in there if your struggling

Last edited by a moderator:
ya not on ya own m8 iv done exactly the same thing the only responce iv had is i saw this woman sittin in her car and passed her a leaflet and she text me for a chat :) lol im gona need somework pretty quick before she asks me to take her for dinner :-/ lol
haha - love it!

sounds like your doing everything right. remember people that do take your leaflet or biz card may hold onto it for a year before they need something doing.

Google adwords works well for me, prepear to spend a few hours a week setting it up for the first month before you tailor it to suit your business.

Make your marketing very specific find your target market where you get the most jobs with the most profit and stick to it.

Set your key words wrong and you either get everyone and there dogs clicking on it costing you loads or no clicks at all.

hello mate just wondered, i was gona go with elecsa but went niceic insted cos iv heard of guys loosing work just because there not niceic its (NO SWEARING) realy cos there all offer the same thing at the end of the day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to How are you getting work? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock