Discuss I need a 3phase 100amp isolator switch advice in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

K

kensington

Hi can anyone help me with the following
I have a 3phase supply on a single phase meter. EDF are coming next week to change the single phase meter and putting in a 3phase meter.My electrician is putting in a domestic split wat fuse board and has asked me to get a 3phase 100amp isolator switch so that i can then run the 3 phase power to the garage and put a 3 phase distribution board in there.
I am having trouble sourcing the correct 3phase 100 amp isolator switch.
there are plenty of 100 amp switches but none say 3 phase

any help advice make etc supplier ?? i need this by sunday

Why can't the electrician supply it? Or failing that get him to specify exactly what it is he wants you to supply?

There is a massive variety of possibilities from a simple Wylex rec type switch which EDF will supply and fit when they fit the meter if you ask them to (possibly at a cost) up to a bigger industrial metal clad isolator.

I think your best bet is to get the meter fitter to fit an isolator (in this area SSE fit them as standard now but I don't know what EDF do)

Why can't the electrician supply it? Or failing that get him to specify exactly what it is he wants you to supply?

There is a massive variety of possibilities from a simple Wylex rec type switch which EDF will supply and fit when they fit the meter if you ask them to (possibly at a cost) up to a bigger industrial metal clad isolator.

I think your best bet is to get the meter fitter to fit an isolator (in this area SSE fit them as standard now but I don't know what EDF do)

Because there wont be an electrician....he'll be doing it himself.

Because there wont be an electrician....he'll be doing it himself.

If what you say is true,( and I don't doubt it for one minute ) the OP should not be fiddling with this nor should the "Electrician" who is his mate, SP is dodgy enough for a DIYer but as for TP and N leave well alone and get someone who knows what they are doing take a look, that's my advice for what it's worth.

Reply to I need a 3phase 100amp isolator switch advice in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock