Discuss Immersion switch in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

luke teague

Hi, i looked at a job last week and there where two switches for the immersion one is off peak economy 7 and the other has power all the time (not economy 7)
The problem i have is the customer want to use economy 7 and have the other switch as a boost. I have just got an economy 7 timer thinking that i would be able to wire both in so client has economy 7 and boost on the one immersion.

There is only one immersion in tank and thats on top.

I dont want the economy 7 to become live when its not meant to via the normal supply.

I can not think how to wire this as normally you have 2x immersions.
Is there a way i can wire in the horstmann economy 7 timer to use both supplies?

How would you guys go about it?

Hi there

What you want to do is not really desirable because top loader 17inch is design for off peak purposes.
On the other hand a dual pole Sangamo clock 25amp will do the trick!

Good luck!

Hi, i looked at a job last week and there where two switches for the immersion one is off peak economy 7 and the other has power all the time (not economy 7)
The problem i have is the customer want to use economy 7 and have the other switch as a boost. I have just got an economy 7 timer thinking that i would be able to wire both in so client has economy 7 and boost on the one immersion.

There is only one immersion in tank and thats on top.

I dont want the economy 7 to become live when its not meant to via the normal supply.

I can not think how to wire this as normally you have 2x immersions.
Is there a way i can wire in the horstmann economy 7 timer to use both supplies?

How would you guys go about it?

Reply to Immersion switch in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net