Discuss inspection and testing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

i did my exam on dec 4th or 5th,not had my results yet has anyone heard anything yet on there results

They do usually take a while to come through and I think it can be anything up to 3 months. Give it a fews weeks and if you haven't heard anything give your training centre a call. Or better still check with City & Guilds?

cheers mate, you know what its like waiting for your results ,i really dont fancy doing that course again

My update cert took forever to come through.

I contacted C&G who suggested contacting the training centre which i did.

Low & behold, a few days later it came through.

Might be an idea to give them a call or send them an email.

the exam wasn,t as bad as i thought it was going to be,but we will see,i really dont want to that course again,i did my practical early jan passed that the instructor was spot on ,really helped us out:)

i did my exam on dec 4th or 5th,not had my results yet has anyone heard anything yet on there results

hi there

I am in a similar situation i sat the design exam on the 9th of December and have not heard anything yet either i assume they would all come out around the same time.

I have a provisional pass on the project awaiting verification and the practical was always in the bag got 2391. It is a bit of a pain but was told it is usually the 2nd or 3 week of march. just before the next set of examinations

hope this helps ease the pain of the waiting game, i agree i would noot want to do that course again either .

cheers and good luck to all of you.

just got results failed ,gutted ,failed the written exam,really thought i passed it ,got to decide now either 12 week course or 3 day course ,anyone done the 3 day course:mad:

Old dog,
All I can say is that I was given a few old exams the week before to go over. I failed every one of them, and two out of seven decided not to do the exam.
Confidence was low, however the exam I felt I had ****ed it...and did.
If you know your stuff everything will be fine.
Just think about the questions, even on here I get my MCBs & RCDs mixed up as in previous posts. Take your time, the exam length is ok and I felt gives you enough time to review your answers.
The only problem was waiting for your results, and I got mine quite early it sounds.
Good luck,

Shinner

Liam,
Don't know about a 3 day course, mine was a five day one. No time to think, just had homework for 5 hours every night. Worked for me but I felt it was more to pass the exam than have the experience...hey I was only there to pass the exam.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi liam,
3 day course worked for me. 10 weeks is too spread out for me. did 3 days intensive, practical on 4th and written the following week.
all the best

agree with you about the time in the exam,i had about 20-25 mins to go back over a couple of questions,i cant remember any of the questions now got to get my head in gear 17th edition update course on thursday, gutted about the course , i live out in the sticks so 60 mile round trip every wednesday night for 12 weeks,:) it will be worth it in the end:)

Reply to inspection and testing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock