Search the forum,

Discuss Insulation Resistance Test?? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

I havent read the full thread, but has anyone suggested joining L to N and testing to earth, this will eliminate any inaccessible sockets, spurs, and plug in air fresheners.

Cheers.........Howard

Hi Howard: Thread seems to have gone off on a Tangent mate & I have'nt got the patience to go back through all of it, but I think 1 of the boys suggested this towards the beginning of the thread.

Andy

Probably a bit late for comment on this thread, but I had problems with an IR test on a ring - Lives to Earth bad, so tested L to E, OK, but between N and E it was 0.17 MegaOhms - not good! The culprit was a whirlpool bath, supplied from a fused spur off the ring, that had had the fuse removed, so I thought isolated. But it's a lesson learnt now, to remove the load entirely from an FCU if there are problems.

I have to agree with the other posters, search around, there could be a lighting circuit upstairs connected to the ring. I've seen to many weired and wonderful hidden loads whils performing an IR test . Good luck

Reply to Insulation Resistance Test?? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock