Discuss Late Starter in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Dave McKay

56 years old and starting in Electrical:rolleyes: I must be mad:( well at least it's something to do at nights:rolleyes: been into electronics for 25 years (hobby), be prepaired to help me:eek::eek:

25 years of radio electronics, starting with CB, then onto C&G in amateur Radio, then onto Spectrum analysis, then onto computers, basically everything that I didn't need for Electrical, but that's life.

Sounds an interesting career, why the change? Why not study the digital technology instead. I've always wondered about getting into the electronics side.

Welcome Dave, I'm in the same boat as you dude but quite a bit younger, just started as an electrician not long ago , Hopefully we can help each other out. Thanks for signing up

regards Luke (admin)

Mine is a hobby, at my age what else could it be!!! I just like learning things, but i suppose it take all sorts to make a world.

Hi, good on ya, as you say it's something to do in the evenings. I' also 56, and am just about to take my 202 at the end of the first year of the 2330 course.

good luck gentlemen. Ive got a lot of respect for older people retraining, as it must get harder, the longer your school days are behind you. just think, at 56yuo have still got minimum 9 years work before retirement. all the best

Hi & welcome.:)

Hi, good on ya, as you say it's something to do in the evenings. I' also 56, and am just about to take my 202 at the end of the first year of the 2330 course.
:) post is nearly two years old :eek: :) have done the same myself in the past. i feel left out now pianoman you never welcomed me :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Late Starter in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net