Discuss LED light strip with motion sensor for bathroom mirror backlight in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

We are doing a bathroom renovation and I can't find a light or a mirror with light that I like. I would like to buy a simple mirror that suits the style I am going for with a wooden frame, and then mount that mirror on a MDF background slight smaller than the mirror. I would like that MDf background to have an LED strip going around it, hardwired into the place the 50s vanity light is at the moment, with a motion sensor at the bottom for switching on and off. I was thinking products like the below. Can you tell me if these are what I should be looking at, and if it's a suitable thing to do for a bathroom mirror? It's not an idea that seems to sit easily with our electrician so I wan't to check I'm not asking something ridiculous. He said it would be a question of trial and error but I'm not sure why, so would like advice on where to start off.

Attachments

• 822125.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 3_252Fc_252F3_252Fb_252F3c3b12b17325fc25bba7d86860d48bec22e3ab44_LST60CW_large.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 3

Reply to LED light strip with motion sensor for bathroom mirror backlight in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, Some advice would be appreciated… I have 4 downlights in the bathroom and want to add a motion sensor to turn on just one if everything is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have recently had a new bathroom mirror installed with a built in LED and Demister that is turned on using a motion sensor. The mirror...
Replies
Views
On either side of my front door is a motion sensor wall light - it looks like both lights operate from one light switch inside the house. The...
Replies
Views
Next week I'm starting to build a few built-in wardrobes for the bedrooms and I've hit a brick wall on the lightning element. Normally I run 1.5mm...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Please can I have some help with the following: I want to have some perimeter lighting in the ceiling which will be using the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock