SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Lewden Control Gear Direct no longer manufactured? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Richard Burns

Richard Burns

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I have just heard that Lewden / Control Gear Direct have stopped producing their circuit protective devices as of 13th May, is this anything anyone else has heard of or can confirm?
I have used a fair number of their consumer units and RCBOs and will be nonplussed if I now have to tell customers I cannot get parts for them.
Presumably stock will be available for a while but it will be a nuisance if it is correct.

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Aico 3000
Electrical2go

Electrical2go

-
Official Sponsor
HI Richard,

We haven't heard anything. I'll let you know if we do.

Cheers,
Ivan

Andy78

Andy78

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
I would be a bit annoyed too. Where did this info come from Richard ?
I would be surprised to be honest as they have just spent the last couple of years rebranding it all, making it widely available, and bringing out spd ranges for the 18th edition. Wholesalers have been talking about new populated rcbo CU deals lately too.

suffolkspark

suffolkspark

-
Esteemed
Arms
The control gear website vanished a couple of months ago..... So something may be afoot.....

suffolkspark

suffolkspark

-
Esteemed
Arms
just emailed Lewden and got a really quick reply which was nice, the control gear site got closed as they merged head office into Lewden's in Braintree, and all control gear branded stuff will remain available at Denmans

suffolkspark

suffolkspark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Actually.... Just to add to this... Ordered a control gear switch fuse from denmans today, just opened box and its branded lewden... So perhaps they are phasing out the old branding after all.

Andy78

Andy78

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Actually.... Just to add to this... Ordered a control gear switch fuse from denmans today, just opened box and its branded lewden... So perhaps they are phasing out the old branding after all.
Yep
IMAG8366.jpg

Richard Burns

Richard Burns

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would be a bit annoyed too. Where did this info come from Richard ?
I would be surprised to be honest as they have just spent the last couple of years rebranding it all, making it widely available, and bringing out spd ranges for the 18th edition. Wholesalers have been talking about new populated rcbo CU deals lately too.
I was told in the wholesalers that they had tried to get some Lewden breakers and been informed they were stopping production.

just emailed Lewden and got a really quick reply which was nice, the control gear site got closed as they merged head office into Lewden's in Braintree, and all control gear branded stuff will remain available at Denmans
I assume that the wholesaler heard "head office closing down" and assumed the worst. Thanks for following up. I think most of the stuff I have is now Lewden branded. Luckily the manufacturer does permit mixing of their own breakers, probably.

And breathe....

Paignton pete

Paignton pete

-
Esteemed
Arms
Old thread but an update. The old Lewden Mcb’s have been replaced with a new design that does not fit the old design. The buzz bar termination is approx 5 mm further back so in order to fit you would have to bend the buzz bar.
denmans have informed me theyhave some old stock left but once they are gone there Gone.
Really annoying.
I needed a C20 mcb and non of the older design was available.
the board I needed the mcb for is only 2 years old. Do have to swap the board. Ridiculous. Surely Lewden need to carry on producing parts for several years after selling the boards for such instances as this. Car manufacturers do this with discontinues ranges of car.

suffolkspark

suffolkspark

-
Esteemed
Arms
@Paignton pete I think your denmans may have given you lewden 3 phase mcbs, they dont line up with single phase, I've literally only just had some new type A lewden RCBOS last week and they line up with older stuff

Scolmore Electrical Products

Reply to Lewden Control Gear Direct no longer manufactured? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Get paid faster with card payments | Go Paper Free - Save Hours | Offer Finance to Customers

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

Top Bottom