Discuss Lewden Control Gear Direct no longer manufactured? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Richard Burns

Respected Member
Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
I have just heard that Lewden / Control Gear Direct have stopped producing their circuit protective devices as of 13th May, is this anything anyone else has heard of or can confirm?
I have used a fair number of their consumer units and RCBOs and will be nonplussed if I now have to tell customers I cannot get parts for them.
Presumably stock will be available for a while but it will be a nuisance if it is correct.

Electrical2go

Official Sponsor
HI Richard,

We haven't heard anything. I'll let you know if we do.

Cheers,
Ivan

Andy78

Respected Member
Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
I would be a bit annoyed too. Where did this info come from Richard ?
I would be surprised to be honest as they have just spent the last couple of years rebranding it all, making it widely available, and bringing out spd ranges for the 18th edition. Wholesalers have been talking about new populated rcbo CU deals lately too.

suffolkspark

Electrician's Arms
just emailed Lewden and got a really quick reply which was nice, the control gear site got closed as they merged head office into Lewden's in Braintree, and all control gear branded stuff will remain available at Denmans

suffolkspark

Electrician's Arms
Actually.... Just to add to this... Ordered a control gear switch fuse from denmans today, just opened box and its branded lewden... So perhaps they are phasing out the old branding after all.

OP
Richard Burns

Richard Burns

Respected Member
Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
I would be a bit annoyed too. Where did this info come from Richard ?
I would be surprised to be honest as they have just spent the last couple of years rebranding it all, making it widely available, and bringing out spd ranges for the 18th edition. Wholesalers have been talking about new populated rcbo CU deals lately too.
I was told in the wholesalers that they had tried to get some Lewden breakers and been informed they were stopping production.

just emailed Lewden and got a really quick reply which was nice, the control gear site got closed as they merged head office into Lewden's in Braintree, and all control gear branded stuff will remain available at Denmans
I assume that the wholesaler heard "head office closing down" and assumed the worst. Thanks for following up. I think most of the stuff I have is now Lewden branded. Luckily the manufacturer does permit mixing of their own breakers, probably.

And breathe....

Electrician Talk