Discuss Lighting circuit - what to do with earth in switch socket in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SimonB

Hi folks,

The missus runs her own kennels operation (yes, lots of dogs and all that). I am currently providing extra lighting per kennel so that when the inmates address their rear end they can see what they are doing that much better:D. Each kennel light has an independent switch which is a plastic one way switch housed in a plastic backbox and surface mounted. There is no provision on face plate or backbox to terminate the earth - rather than snip the earth I have sleeved it and insulated the exposed tip and pushed it neatly to the back of the backbox- is this allowable under current or 17th edition regs?. I am reluctant to snip the earth as it limits the use of the cable in the future (not that I can see its use changing at all).

What do peeps think?,

Thanks,

Simon.

If it is in plastic pattress and front then all I do is put the earth (sleeved) in a block connector or sometimes coil it around one of the fixing screws that secure the pattress to the wall

Reply to Lighting circuit - what to do with earth in switch socket in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm getting an old fuse board upgraded in an office block. The electrician has just told me that most of the circuits don't have earth cables...
Replies
Views
I'm practising EICRs on friendly locations as I'm still in training - technically done my 2391-52 but frankly need loads more practise. I've just...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am in the process of purchasing a property. I have made an offer, and after my own little survey, I noticed a few issues with the...
Replies
Views
Hello All and happy new year. Over the holiay I have changed all of my old sockets to some nice new ones and added a couple with usb sockets for...
Replies
Views
Hi I know I have to do more testing but I just want to see if there is something I’m missing. Customer said light fitting in the loft was...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock