uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Lighting circuit - what to do with earth in switch socket in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SimonB

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi folks,

The missus runs her own kennels operation (yes, lots of dogs and all that). I am currently providing extra lighting per kennel so that when the inmates address their rear end they can see what they are doing that much better:D. Each kennel light has an independent switch which is a plastic one way switch housed in a plastic backbox and surface mounted. There is no provision on face plate or backbox to terminate the earth - rather than snip the earth I have sleeved it and insulated the exposed tip and pushed it neatly to the back of the backbox- is this allowable under current or 17th edition regs?. I am reluctant to snip the earth as it limits the use of the cable in the future (not that I can see its use changing at all).

What do peeps think?,

Thanks,

Simon.

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
C

Cirrus

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If it is in plastic pattress and front then all I do is put the earth (sleeved) in a block connector or sometimes coil it around one of the fixing screws that secure the pattress to the wall

T

TonyM58

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just terminate it in a chockblock, like wot cirrus said!!!

Reply to Lighting circuit - what to do with earth in switch socket in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
Top Bottom