Discuss Looking for mentor/supervisor for whole house rewire in Birmingham in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Jay 1987

-
Trainee
Reaction score
Hello everyone

My name is jay and I’m from the trainee section of this website. I have spoken to respected memebers from this forum and have been advised to create and send this message. Please don’t bite my head off or give silly non sensical answers, as I may get things wrong . (Thanks in advance) :)

I have managed to persuade my Aunty to give me a shot at rewiring her house, and she has agreed for a subsidised price. While I am getting quite confident and competent, I do feel I’m not quite in the place to do the job unsupervised. Here is where my appeal comes in.....

I am looking for a experienced or qualified or retired spark, someone who can supervise the job and teach me and possibly another electrical mate.

I’m more looking for someone who has the time and patients to take on the challenge where money is not the motivating or deciding factor.

I say this because while there is money involved for the spark who takes it on. It would not be the “going rate”. I will be completely open and very transparent in regards to the budget with whoever wants to consider this.

The house is near jewellery quarter, Birmingham B18. It is 3 bedroom’s and the Cu consists of 6 circuits, 2x6A 2x16A 1x32A 1x40A.

My Aunty does live there but she is in the middle of decorating so not much stuff in the house at the moment.

Please give me any advice/help or support.

Also if any mates read this and might be interested in learning and getting the all important hands on experience pm me directly. There is someone who is already interested but they may let me down.

Thanks jay

Hello everyone

My name is jay and I’m from the trainee section of this website. I have spoken to respected memebers from this forum and have been advised to create and send this message. Please don’t bite my head off or give silly non sensical answers, as I may get things wrong . (Thanks in advance) :)

I have managed to persuade my Aunty to give me a shot at rewiring her house, and she has agreed for a subsidised price. While I am getting quite confident and competent, I do feel I’m not quite in the place to do the job unsupervised. Here is where my appeal comes in.....

I am looking for a experienced or qualified or retired spark, someone who can supervise the job and teach me and possibly another electrical mate.

I’m more looking for someone who has the time and patients to take on the challenge where money is not the motivating or deciding factor.

I say this because while there is money involved for the spark who takes it on. It would not be the “going rate”. I will be completely open and very transparent in regards to the budget with whoever wants to consider this.

The house is near jewellery quarter, Birmingham B18. It is 3 bedroom’s and the Cu consists of 6 circuits, 2x6A 2x16A 1x32A 1x40A.

My Aunty does live there but she is in the middle of decorating so not much stuff in the house at the moment.

Also if any mates read this and might be interested in learning and getting the all important hands on experience pm me directly. There is someone who is already interested but they may let me down.

Thanks jay
I don't think"let down" is the right thing to say Jay, a rethink is more apt

i'd be willing if it was not so far away. maybe a brummie spark will be able to help.

0r one somewhere between you and brum?

Shame I'm not closer as I'm taking a couple of months off at the minute. Good luck though.

Hello everyone

Thanks jay
Depending on what appliances Auntie has, you may like to consider putting the kitchen sockets on their own Ring or maybe Radial, what are the two 16A circuits covering?

Good luck Jay. If I was local I’d offer to help but we’d still need an experienced head on hand :p

Reply to Looking for mentor/supervisor for whole house rewire in Birmingham in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock