Discuss Looking to get into contracting, domestic or otherwise. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi All,

long time member but short on posts :)

First of all, my current qualifications.

C&G 236 part 1,2 and C, 2391,2382,2377. my training was back in the good ole days from 1987 onwards.

I'm looking to enrole with one of the cash generator schemes to allow me to do domestic work outside of my normal job (maintenance / installation electrician - commercial). Would they accept my current qualifications or will I have to go and sit one of them NVQ courses? (not keen on the not very qualified courses but if thats the only option then so be it)

Thanks,

Steve.

Generally they should accept those qualifications as they are far higher than many who enroll, however the 2382 would likely need to be to the current edition of BS7671 and you would also need to have the current reference books (BS7671, OSG).
Essentially you have to be able to demonstrate that you are up to date on the current regs rather than the 15th Edition!

Generally they should accept those qualifications as they are far higher than many who enroll, however the 2382 would likely need to be to the current edition of BS7671 and you would also need to have the current reference books (BS7671, OSG).
Essentially you have to be able to demonstrate that you are up to date on the current regs rather than the 15th Edition!

sorry, my bad, i trained at the end of the 15th, did my 16th update and did the 17th (2382?) in 2008 so i am 17th edition qualified i believe :)

If you are doing your own personal domestic work then Stroma is your best bet for cost, if you need to have a specific registration for council work or such like then some of the others may be better for you, they are more recognisable but a domestic customer would not know them, so long as you are Part P registered no problems.

Reply to Looking to get into contracting, domestic or otherwise. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock