Currently reading:
Mcb screwdiver

Discuss Mcb screwdiver in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

images
ok that dam MCB aint going to come loose now ....hehehehe

It looks a class little set. Good if your up and down scaffolds and dont know what drivers you would need, or snagging at the end of the job . If your like me you'll be undoing switches at home just to try them out before you get to work.

hmm interesting, indeed they do, will be defo getting that now, cos im terrible at leaving my tools about., wonder if them bits fir into normal bit drivers? perhaps the fella that bought them can tell us when he receives them.more info

Last edited by a moderator:
Not quite the full range that I have am getting though. No plus/ minus (MCB) bits there. Look, I know it's a hellava lot of dosh, but I a am an official toolaholic. I will give full feedback when they arrive and I have used them. Theu will be my 'special' set not the ones i use as levers/ bolsters etc.. You al know what I mean.

we are waiting Voltz
BTW I just spent £30 at rs getting all the plusminus bits that will fit my kamasa, 2 of each. 8 bits in total PZ 1 and 2 , PH 1 and 2

Good stuff Mr Enigma. But as I said before, I would have gone down this lower cost route had I not had to get the slimline version to get into these preposterously small holes for the neutral in the Dorman Smith RCBOs that we're using at the mo.

Watching the letterbox.

I'm wondering why we need "special" screwdrivers at all ...... why can't the MCB manufacturers just use standard type screws the same as everyone else?

Joseph Whitworth must be spining in his grave!!!

I personally think we should move away from standard screw heads to hex or star key heads. Certainly wouldn't get any 'slippage' and no need for over zealous sparks using gimpacters..... ( You know who you are ! lol )

Here are the pics of my kamasa screwdriver, Robert Dyas used to do them, and I have bought of the web before, albeit 3 years ago, but now cannot seem to source them.
photo (5).JPG

photo (3).JPG

photo (4).JPG

and the RS bits fit like a glove into the rcbo's, the bit does not need to insulated really, as it gets taken up almost by the rcbo, impossible to short out. (well I would have thought so anyway :))

Yes indeed they are, and I have just fitted the bits from RS onto it, the extra torque is very good indeed, and they fit nicely onto rcbo's

Will post some pics when I can work out how to upload from my iPhone

Could u please post a link of the kamasa u got. I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I like the one MRENIGMA has because it has the grip handle. does ck do one with grip handle

I would say these have the advantage over the wiha as the bits are widely available in every size and shape

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Mcb screwdiver in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock