Currently reading:
Mcb screwdiver

Discuss Mcb screwdiver in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

I looked all over the internet and ebay and theres alot of nice screwdrivers that take bits but they are not vde or even just insulated. Best one to go for is the wiha which is quite neat as it holds up to 8 bits neatly into the actual holder within the screwdriver. Very useful for those quick in and out jobs.

heres the link for it on ebay: Wiha 8pc VDE Insulated Screwdriver Bit Holder PZ PH on eBay (end time 14-Apr-11 16:28:47 BST)

this is the cheapest ive found on the net

Last edited by a moderator:
good thread,im gonna have to pick some of these up too,also just reminded me about old consumer unit(bs3871s) took out yesterday and replaced with wylex loaded up with rcbos,tails on main switch,live was going green and just touched the neutral and it fell out,another 3 months and that was about to melt,good timing for the changeover.

Here are the pics of my kamasa screwdriver, Robert Dyas used to do them, and I have bought of the web before, albeit 3 years ago, but now cannot seem to source them.
View attachment 4841

View attachment 4842

View attachment 4843

and the RS bits fit like a glove into the rcbo's, the bit does not need to insulated really, as it gets taken up almost by the rcbo, impossible to short out. (well I would have thought so anyway :))

Got the same one from Screwfix about 5yrs back it was branded under a different name though, it was my favourite but now can't be assed getting the bits and swapping them lol. The bahco VDE drivers have the same feel as the one you've got. The MCB Screwdrivers are a good idea my mate had one but snapped it, never to be replaced find a large flat blade or pozi just as good ;) and believe me if I thought they where worth buying I would have a complete set, bit of a tool lover :p

Ive just sat here and read 8 pages and still feel confused at which ones to get ha. I quite like the look of the wiha multi set in the handle but dont think that has any MCB heads inside it?

Toolstation > Hand Tools > Screwdrivers > Plus Minus VDE Screwdriver 2 Pc Set

"87050 Plus Minus VDE Screwdriver 2 Pc Set Phillips Each 9?£14.72 "
65879 Plus Minus VDE Screwdriver 2 Pc Set Pozi Each 13?£14.72

Which ones do you choose? I thought you'd have 1 of each in a pack? ahhhhh.

Are these the same? CK SCREWDRIVERS VDE DEXTRO MODULO TERMINAL SET New !! on eBay (end time 18-Apr-11 15:33:27 BST)

Last edited:
Its not just mcbs. You get these screws on other stuff as well and in different sizes

I know !!!

I feel that it's a case of re-inventing the wheel so we all have to buy even more new tools.

If they really wanted screws to withstand high torque, they could have simply used Allen-head screws which have been in existence in the engineering industry (my original trade) for quite some time.

Ive just sat here and read 8 pages and still feel confused at which ones to get ha. I quite like the look of the wiha multi set in the handle but dont think that has any MCB heads inside it?

Toolstation > Hand Tools > Screwdrivers > Plus Minus VDE Screwdriver 2 Pc Set

"87050 Plus Minus VDE Screwdriver 2 Pc Set Phillips Each 9?£14.72 "
65879 Plus Minus VDE Screwdriver 2 Pc Set Pozi Each 13?£14.72

Which ones do you choose? I thought you'd have 1 of each in a pack? ahhhhh.

Are these the same? CK SCREWDRIVERS VDE DEXTRO MODULO TERMINAL SET New !! on eBay (end time 18-Apr-11 15:33:27 BST)

They are all good, whether you get wera or ck. But i can guarantee ck as they make very good long lasting screwdrivers.

Or you can just use a large flat screwdriver which I used to use and it does the same job as another sparky mentioned on here. The only reason I got one is cause Elecsa sent me one free.

anone having these drivers MARK then so you dont get apprentices trying to use thedm in normal scrws and knackering them iv got the old Ck ones orange nice n easy to tll the differance

anone having these drivers MARK then so you dont get apprentices trying to use thedm in normal scrws and knackering them iv got the old Ck ones orange nice n easy to tll the differance

This is the only reason I've bought a new set a few years ago. Wouldn't mind but one of the best sparks I've every worked with, snapped my PZ mcb driver because he thought it was a normal pozi.

Thanks for your opinion! I Think i'll go with the CK ones. I have always used a large flat screwdriver but still find when screwing up a ring MCB one of the ******** always comes loose when checking for an "electricity sound connection".

Reading this thread most people seem very impressed and happy with them, until reading this i was totally unaware of such screwdrivers!

Will post my thoughts when they arrive.

Here is my CK terminal driver (on Left) definitely better than a normal Pozi2 or flatty

P1050400.jpg

just turned up today. I phoned them and they were out of stock. They reckon it usually only takes a couple of days.

They are LUSH. Can't wait to use them. I will get some photos soon but on the way out now.

Cheers ALL!

IMG_0849.jpg
IMG_0852.jpg
IMG_0850.jpg
IMG_0846.jpg

Here they are. Pics ain't the best but you'll get the gist. They are extremely lightweight and it remains to be seen how much ooomph you can get behind them. The carry case is nice, it fits on your belt (if that appeals to you). Each part can be re-ordered separately if need be, and the only downside I can see is the inclusion of that naff neon thingy? Whats that for? Oh, I remember. making holes in plasterboard.

Yeah them plasterboard neons are excellent, I must admit I do like the carry case, so is there flat bits bits as well? or just plus minus?

Reply to Mcb screwdiver in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock