Discuss Meter Tails hanging loose. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Yup the Neutral cable is ok with black tape. But black tape on the live red cable! Why they couldn't be bothered to use red I can't imagine.

Good job they didn't' use blue tape then it would have blew to bits!

Or green tape!

What I don't get is it would have been as easier to remove from the henley block than a consumer unit?

That's it - they'd taken out the DNO fuse (and hammered it back so the prongs were bent out of shape) so why not take the old tails out the Henley block? Been like that for years apparently. Customer has certs for the CU - installed 2011.

I don't suppose the terminal screws were sheared off. What did you do, me I would have whipped them out.
Yet another adjustable earth clamp on the DNO cable.

Hello,

Upon visiting the site and performing some testing and inspection it has been found that all four of the CT’s installed in the starter cubicles are over heating. The burden is 2.5VA , ratio is 20:1 A @ Class 1 CT.

What might be the problem? Please help

Hello,

Upon visiting the site and performing some testing and inspection it has been found that all four of the CT’s installed in the starter cubicles are over heating. The burden is 2.5VA , ratio is 20:1 A @ Class 1 CT.

What might be the problem? Please help

Wrong thread ?

Maybe he didnt have any blanking plugs for the top of the Henley, and figured that sticky tape might be safer :rolleyes:

Reply to Meter Tails hanging loose. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock