Discuss Moving MASTER Phone point in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

TPES

I've got a MASTER (Old NTL) Phone point to move.

Just wondered if anyone has ever had any trouble doing this? I know most people would prob leave moving a master point to an NTL engineer.

I have no problems at all with BT Points, Adding/Moving, Just wondered if theres alot of hassle in moving a master NTL (Virgin Media) Phone Point.

Im helping someone out who is having an extension and the wall with the master point on is being knocked down. so point needs moving.

Im guessing its going to be as simple as most phone points.

what do you reckon ?

I used to work for NTL.Where is the point being moved to.Go to the omnibox outside the house and you should see the 2 blues-blue and white/white and blue scotch locked to the master socket.Just run a new cable from the omnibox to where the master will be and if there are any extensions then connect accordingly.Make sure you connect a ringer on the extensions,i use the orange and white if there are no capacitors on the extensions.If there are then you only need to connect the blues:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to work for NTL.Where is the point being moved to.Go to the omnibox outside the house and you should see the 2 blues-blue and white/white and blue scotch locked to the master socket.Just run a new cable from the omnibox to where the master will be and if there are any extensions then connect accordingly.Make sure you connect a ringer on the extensions,i use the orange and white if there are no capacitors on the extensions.If there are then you only need to connect the blues:D

Thanks Mac..

I dont think its moving far, Ill come back if i get any trouble.

Does anyone actually take notice of what you are allowed to do when it comes to BT??

No:D

Only trouble is if you have a fault with the line at some point.

They MAY charge for repair if they discovered its been moved and not installed correctly.

Just a possibility thats all.:)

Does anyone actually take notice of what you are allowed to do when it comes to BT??

I Know some sparkys that dont care, and i know some that wont touch a master socket.

As jason said, Your not really supposed to touch there master sockets as its there property, they might get funny about it if ever called out in the future. But i suppose if any works been done and its right they wont even know.

If its a BT master, then you are not allowed to move this as this is their equipment.

Not sure about NTL though.
If it's in your property you can do what you want with it.They just don't like you messing around with the box outside.What the eye don't see the eye don't know.BT and Virginmedia would charge a small fortune now to move a point:DHow are they going to know you have moved the point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Moving MASTER Phone point in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock