Discuss Multi-fuel boiler stove connected to existing heating system using a relay in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all, first of all I'm not a sparks so forgive my ignorance. We are currently getting a boiler stove installed. This involves connecting the plumbing and some electrical to our existing heating system. The Plumber has requested that our electrician installs a spur at the location of the plumbing system and a "Relay" from the newly installed pump and thermostat to our hot press. A wire that goes from the pump to the motorised valves and tells the gas boiler that the boiler stove is taking over when it gets to a certain temp. Is this a 4 core wire that connects two the pump and runs to the wiring centre in the hotpress or is a "Relay" something else. Anyone any experience with this type of thing that they could share.

The boiler stove system consists of two 8m pumps and heat hero box and a pipe stat set to 55 degrees (all to the right of the chimney breast). The pipe stat has a two core wire coming from it about a meter long not connected to anything yet, theres a fused spur there to power the pumps, so I presume thats all the connections are needed for the two pumps. In the hot press upstairs there is 3 motorised valves and an EPH wiring centre. Does the two core wire from the pipe stat get connected to a newly installed relay in the hot press and then a wire from the relay to the EPH wiring centre?. I wouldn't touch any of this myself, we have a sparks who has worked in our house on and off and he's a good guy but doesn't know what to do here, he has asked several work friends and I have spoke to another sparks and all stumped. Is there any way I could get a wiring diagram for this do you think? thanks very much for your comments and replies in advance

Things sometimes get lost in translation.
I usually find it easier to talk to the plumber direct if I can't figure out what he wants.
A quick google search shows it as being a wireless programmable stat with receiver (Relay)
I've not fitted this brand but others it's just a case of treating the receiver wiring in the same way as the back plate for any other programmable stat.
Mixing the solid fuel stove and gas boiler can, in some circumstances, have safety implications if the controls are not done properly.
There are times where there is an overlap of knowledge between trades and this sounds like it might be one of those times.
Best to get the two of them talking to each other I think.

Reply to Multi-fuel boiler stove connected to existing heating system using a relay in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock