Discuss NAPIT bought out Stroma? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Stroma always were going to struggle without significant capital as they were competing against certsure with the brand and dominance of NICEIC plus elecsa. to take on members so cheaply then provide the it support for certs and assessments would have been expensive. to compete and survive it makes sense for them to partner with NAPIT, i wouldnt be surprised if over time stroma does the part p and napit is all scopes. time will tell.

I had better check up then as I paid my bill for re assessment and they haven’t been in contact yet. So a phone call to them tomorrow methinks.

Received an email from Stroma on 1st August stating:
"As of Wednesday 31 July 2019, your existing certification will be transferred to a new legal entity: Stroma Installer Certification Ltd.

Why is your certification being transferred to a new company?
The scheme transfer is being done for strategic reasons to separate the activities of Stroma Certification (which handles our energy assessor business) and Stroma Installer Certification (which handles our installer business)."

This will presumably make it easy for Stroma to sell off this part of their business, if they haven't yet actually done so.

Last edited:
Yep they rang me today to inform me they were in Co-hoots. Don't know how I feel about this, having had a crap time with Napit in the past and moving to elecsa as a result then to Stroma for the past 4 years! What are other members thoughts on the transition? I can't believe that rates will stay the same for a start. Another bloody monopoly!!

Would also like to see more info on that!

Although I know Stroma were accepting people who hadn't even passed their AM2 a few years ago...on the premise that they get it done asap. Would a lunch of bunts.

NAPIT EXPERIENCED WORKER ROUTE:

If you have years of valuable industry experience but lack the formal qualifications, we are here to help. If you are able to demonstrate your expertise, we may be able to offer you Experienced Worker Routes to some of our membership schemes.

These routes are designed for tradespeople with older, limited or no formal qualifications. You or your operative’s competency will be assessed based upon:

If you have years of valuable industry experience but lack the formal qualifications, we are here to help. If you are able to demonstrate your expertise, we may be able to offer you Experienced Worker Routes to some of our membership schemes.

These routes are designed for tradespeople with older, limited or no formal qualifications. You or your operative’s competency will be assessed based upon:

It doesn't say the electrical scheme is included in this route.

There are several schemes that accept the Experienced Worker Route based on verifiable experience, including the plumbing, heating, ventilation and Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS).

For heating, plumbing and ventilation it is required to have a minimum of 3 years’ verifiable relevant experience as well as the requirements listed above.

The Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) has particular requirements based upon the length of experience you have within the scope(s) of work you are applying for as well as the requirements stated above. There are two categories that can be accepted for the EWR: Category 1:3 or more years’ experience and Category 2:1 to 3 years’ experience. Further information can be found in MCS 025 which is available from the MCS website.

The experienced worker route does not include electrical installations though, according to that link posted.

Reply to NAPIT bought out Stroma? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock