Discuss Napit Inspecton (supply intake inquiry) in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Mhar in case the fuse does get upgraded to 100amp fuse in the future its called covering myself..
Can't argue with the logic of that!
What you may well find (you would in my DNO area) is that you only get upgraded to an 80A fuse. I know the books say that 100A is the standard but this is not the case locally - there have been quite a few issues with 100A cutouts with the plastic around the fuse carrier melting yet the fuse has not blown, something to be aware of when considering pulling fuses. Additionally, if you look at the rating on the meter, a lot of them are only rated to 80A so should only have an 80A ocpd.
Good luck with the assessment

Reply to Napit Inspecton (supply intake inquiry) in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Been asked to move, remove and add some sockets the kitchen and I’ll need to add a circuit for an electric hob. Looked at the board and it’s one...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, A diversity question concerning 2 consumer units fed from 100amp DNO supply Background, So I have an 18th Ed compliant consumer...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm installing a Hoover oven and would like a little help please. The oven code is HOC3158IN. The oven manual states "The power cable must...
Replies
Views
I’ve had a disagreement with one of the Engineers in work. So we are doing an install. Installing an Intruder Alarm. Rather than go with my...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am looking for some advice regarding old rewireable (3036) fuse boards in regards to additions and alterations. I am an electrician and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock