Discuss Neff Cooker Hood Halogen Bulb? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Stoker

-
Reaction score
One of the bulbs in my Neff Cooker Hood has blown. As far as I know it is 20w. What I need to know is whether it would be 12v or 240v. The only ones I can find are 12v. I tried one but it only lasted a few weeks.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks for your help. Sorry if I'm being a bit thick but I just want to be sure.
Here's a photo of the label inside the cooker hood.
Neff Cooker Hood Halogen Bulb? IMG_8841 (2) - EletriciansForums.net
Am I right in thinking that it's saying that the lamps are 220-240v?

It's just that I see on that Espares website a bulb that looks very similar to the one in the cooker hood but it is 12v

Specification:

• Wattage: 20W
  • Cap Fitting: G4
  • Lamp Type: Capsule
  • Voltage: 12V
  • 2000h = 2 years
  • Energy Rating C

Last edited:
Very true, Your model number is not on the list.
Try following the instructions on the manual, in the link @SJD posted and see what the lamp looks like. Usually the voltage is on the lamp.

If it is a G4 capsule lamp, then it will be 12V.

They are not particularly reliable. Firstly avoid touching the glass capsule with bare fingers, either use cotton gloves or hold it in the packaging wrapper it is has one.

Secondly, the lamp holder contacts can oxidize, and make poor contact with the pins. Sometimes when you fit a new lamp (bulb), it appears to fail after a short while, whereas it is the pins not making good contact with the lamp holder.

if you have fitted a 12V lamp and it's lasted a short while, as per your OP, then 12V is correct. if you fit a 12V lamp in a 230V supply it will blow immediately, sometimes with a bang.

Many Thanks to you all for your help and advice. I possibly have touched the replacement that I fitted with my bare hands. I'll try refitting in case it is the pins. If that doesn't work then I'll get a new one.

All the best - stay safe!

Reply to Neff Cooker Hood Halogen Bulb? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock