Discuss Network points in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

GPack

-
Reaction score
Hello,
Can I ask people how they price for networking cabling(CAT6utp) in a domestic property? Does anyone price per point or per meter of cable?

It's for a new build. They'll be a couple of network cables and a couple of sky cables going to the living room, dining room and each of the 4 bedrooms. How long do you think it would take to terminate?

Any help appreciated.

Are the cables going to be ran through the wall and outside or chased into the wall? Which I'm presuming is the evil dot and dab since it's a new build.

I will be running the cable. I'm thinking about using a composite cable with 2 cat 6 and 2 coax to each point.
I was also thinking about pricing up 1st fix based on materials plus margin and a day rate and then second fix per point. Not sure What do you think?

takes average 5-10 minutes to terminate each end... either crimp a rj45 plug or fit a rj45 socket.
adjust your price to how difficult will be to run the cables, lifting carpets, drilling holes and jumping on the ladders, the usual business.

The other end will be an RJ45 connectors suitable for CAT6 and then into a patch panel.

Thank you for your time on this.

If you are using a patch panel you would normally terminate the cables on the rear of the patch panel and then use short cables to connect to the equipment

I will be running the cable. I'm thinking about using a composite cable with 2 cat 6 and 2 coax to each point.
I was also thinking about pricing up 1st fix based on materials plus margin and a day rate and then second fix per point. Not sure What do you think?

I would use individual cables composite cables can be a compromise when you look at the specs

If the installation is only a few points then time and material pricing is probably the best way to go. Asking for a per point price on a forum is difficult as there are many factors that can skew the per point price that only you will know from your knowledge of the site and the quantity of points required

Reply to Network points in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock