Currently reading:
NEW circuits into non amm3 DB. ?????

Discuss NEW circuits into non amm3 DB. ????? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
If I was to wire an extension on a house , and the DB does not meet amendment 3 , where do I stand adding new circuits into this DB , is it ok or should it be changed to Amm 3 DB
Know I should know the answer to this but hey ho were not all perfect

If I was to wire an extension on a house , and the DB does not meet amendment 3 , where do I stand adding new circuits into this DB , is it ok or should it be changed to Amm 3 DB
Know I should know the answer to this but hey ho were not all perfect
no problem in connecting new work into a non-metal CU. i would, however, check all connections in it for tightness.

what do YOU think?
My thoughts are it would be ok , now before you all jump down my throat , I only really work on industrial etc so not used to dealing with domestic dwellings and local authorities part p , part f etc
So not 100% on this hence the thread
So I await the vultures and keyboard warriors to attack me and my imcompatance , LOL

My thoughts are it would be ok , now before you all jump down my throat , I only really work on industrial etc so not used to dealing with domestic dwellings and local authorities part p , part f etc
So not 100% on this hence the thread
So I await the vultures and keyboard warriors to attack me and my imcompetence , LOL

Matey, take a tip, offer your answer and answer questions put to you, then when done give feedback and thanks....

AMD 3 came out nearly 3 years ago ........... I find it tricky to believe that ANYONE who claims to work in the industry doesn't know the answer to this.

Matey, take a tip, offer your answer and answer questions put to you, then when done give feedback and thanks....

AMD 3 came out nearly 3 years ago ........... I find it tricky to believe that ANYONE who claims to work in the industry doesn't know the answer to this.
that's him told off by head master Murdoch, is that 50 lashings for not keeping up with the regs .

I meet sparks regulary that wouldn't know the answer. . . . .

AMD 3 came out nearly 3 years ago ........... I find it tricky to believe that ANYONE who claims to work in the industry doesn't know the answer to this.[/QUOTE

expected this response, which I don’t mind ( big shoulders ) , yes I just wanted to confirm my thoughts
But cheers guys thanks for the reply’s
Do I consider my self told off for posting the thread

I must add to this thread , when having an extension on residential properties , fire and spread of fire is a major part of the building regs , smoke’s , fire doors , escape routes
So why not introduce ammendmant 3 into this if you are adding new circuits onto an existing DB
Good idea or not ????

I won’t ask you my next question about wiring in wet string then regards latest regs

Read the threads, personally I think it would be good to add this into regs , regarding extensions and spread of fire , specially when it’s been deemed so important that a big amendment has been introduced about it
So all the latest regs apply with an extension , but to hell with amendment 3 and the spread of fire
As long as the electrician connecting the circuits up can quote the regs off by heart there will be no chance of a fire at the DB

I must add to this thread , when having an extension on residential properties , fire and spread of fire is a major part of the building regs , smoke’s , fire doors , escape routes
So why not introduce ammendmant 3 into this if you are adding new circuits onto an existing DB
Good idea or not ????

There are enough confusing interpretations of what is and what isn't required as it is. Joe Public will spend thousands on a new kitchen but refuse a board upgrade which will cost a few hundred.

We are not the electrical police ............ sure make a suggestion, but don't go round claiming its required, because it sure isn't

There are enough confusing interpretations of what is and what isn't required as it is. Joe Public will spend thousands on a new kitchen but refuse a board upgrade which will cost a few hundred.

We are not the electrical police ............ sure make a suggestion, but don't go round claiming its required, because it sure isn't
Has any of the above quotes ‘ claimed it’s a requirement
Some one quoted ideally yes that’s as near as any one has claimed its required

No. Daft idea.

As I said, a, polite suggestion normally works for me,
If it’s a daft idea why the amendment , The amendment was introduced because that many house fires were traced back to DB’s
There is no requirement to check tightness of existing terminals in a DB you are adding additional circuits into
So what if ??????
Daft Idea , I think that could be the wrong phrase to amendment 3

I still reckon the money spent on AMD 3,could have been better invested,in quality screwdrivers and a short training film,sent to all concerned :)

You could reduce pollution,and increase road safety,by passing a law,that forbade anyone from driving,the one day every month,that matched the day of their birthday. Who's game? :confused:

Reply to NEW circuits into non amm3 DB. ????? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock