Discuss new shop in leeds in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

ha he lol! ive only been there 39 hours plus 2 days this week so far!!

sorting the final bit a trunking out 2moro still unsure about spacings??

rich

Hi rich

Is it standard tv cable, i.e. coax from an aerial, or is it satellite or cable tv. Is the signal being amplied and how many points are you feeding.

Sorry to be a pain but there can be different solutions depending on what is actually being done with the tv cable.

No accidents today?:rolleyes:

Tony

mark,
band one and band two cables ,further info is available in the old osg page 64.
but unless insulated to the highest voltage present they must be seperated by an insulating or earted partition .therefore earthed metal trunking or plastic .no mention of seperation distance otherwise

nice one cheers wayne, it'll look so much better runnung along side the trunking ive already put up!
Tony, i think you may of miss read an earlier post, this other trunking is lv (did you see this and thought it mean tv?) there will prob be a couple of coax's running in the low voltage trunking, for some cctv cameras, maybe 3 max. the whole job seems to be make it up as you go along (bit annoying really, trying to allow for the unseen!)

there's gonna be a couple of plasme tv's dotted about for advertising as well, whilst trying to be sensible im toying with the idea of running the signal cables for these tv's in cat5 as there are devices that can transmit HD over ethernet. gonna run these in the LV trunking as well back to the office.

also will be incoming BT and incoming broadband cables, again these will prob be in cat5.

standard 4 pair security cable also in the trunking for theivin scum alarm.

fp200 running in lv trunking picking up call point, detector and sounder aswell.

thats it for now i think! must say im chuffed to bits i can run all this in trunking next to me mains power trunking, will post some more pics 2moro.

ps. eye is better now, after the ground 1 leyer of me cornea away! need to always bag ya eyes up before slapping it up! lol

rich

Hi Rich

It's been a few days since anything was posted about the shop.

Just being nosey and wondering how it all went in the end

Cheers

Tony

hi tony, i was there monday and gonna be there tomorrow as well. its a bit steady at the minute. just waiting for the mezanine floor to go in then i can start lashing loads a cables in. ill post some pics of the back rooms tommorow as well, where ive got some plastic trunking running around abit.

hi all gonna get some more pics up asap, got another quick question. (cant be bothered readin books to clarify!!)

ive got 3 conduits (plastic) running up the walls and going across the ceiling to the outlets for the Klix fittings. i was thinking about running these in singles as if anything happens later on they could be replaced easier than trying to drag a T & E out. if i did them in singles would it be ok to terminate t & e into singles inside a conduit through box (in connector blocks)? and secondly do they need to be double insulated singles or can i use single insulated singles.

she ses singles on the singles sea shore

rich

No problem running single insulated singles in the conduit. Are you planning to run the T&E along the tray and into the through box or are you running the conduit back to the board.
Whilst it is not the way I would do it if you use a short piece of conduit, female adaptor and a struffing gland (assuming it's plastic conduit) I should think you would be okay (perhaps others can confirm). Make sure the through box is secure though.

cheers tony, yeah the twin n earth is on the tray and im coming off this into the conduit (25mm), i did think about going into an adaptable box so theres plenty of room etc.

to be honest im a little bit pi$$ed off that im having to use twin on the tray, im having to drill extra holes on the tray to get tie raps in the right places for the cables etc, so wasting time doing this (dont think he's saved any money by using cheaper cable!!) and id be able to terminate "properly" into accessories, dont like pealing off the tray into stuff with twin, it just does look right, although you'd do the same with a SWA its just more suited to it!!

is there any other way of coming from the tray to an accessory other than the above? dont think there is really but i am a bit thick!!

rich

Off the top of my head nothing comes to mind, will have a think and get back to you.

T&E and tray are not the ideal but it's not an ideal world.

If I come up with anything I will post it for you.

evening all, jobs coming on now, at the minute im under the mazanine area sorting that bit out. its a grid ceiling going in with 2x42w downlights in one end, prob about 10 of them. and in the other is prob going to be 2 rows of 3 grid style floo's think these will be 3ft units with more than likely 4 tubes per unit, im using a contactor for the lights at the front of the shop and was wondering if it would be best tp put these on a contactor as well?? i know wattage wise im looking at around 120watt per fitting times 6, so im within breaker limits at 6 amp, how much starting current do these things generally take (never much good at working phasor diagrams out!)

rich

Hi Rich,

Check on your fitting size. The standard size for a suspended ceiling grid is uitable for 600 x 600 modules (2ft tubes) 600 x 1200 modules are available (4ft tubes). If the modules you are thinking of using are 900 x 600 it is likely to drive the guy doing the ceiling spare as he will have to put in extra T strut and it will not be inline with the main framework. He will also be cutting more tiles.
Whether you put the modules on a contactor is up to you, a lot depends on what your customer wants. If he is after a last man out "kill" switch then they will need to be linked with the main lighting contactor circuit. If not then no real problem without a contactor. Depending on whose accessories you are using make sure that the terminal capability is ok. Some of the cheaper switches only have a terminal current capability of 6amps.
You can always dedicate individual swiches to individual rows of modules, which is the norm nowadays in commercial properties.
Hope it helps.
Tony

hi tony, yeah the floos are the 600x1200 ones (so the customer said, he's providing it all!) ill not bother messing with contactor on these then will just have em on 2 switches feeding individual rows. im using mk grid switches, think there rated at 10a so should be fine.

cheers

new shop in leeds {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

just caught up with this thread .jobs looks good ,some neat solutions to some problems
where can i cet one of those cable reelers??:confused::confused:

If you mean the one on the 5th picture I can tell you that most supermarkets have them at their backdoor after dark. You have to provide your own cross bar though!!!!

Reply to new shop in leeds in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock