NAPIT Certification Scheme NIC or Napit?

Discuss NIC or Napit? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi Fry
Its all down to personal preff the NICEIC offer more choice for part p schemes than NAPIT but if you do go with NICEIC be prep to sort probs out on your own ELECSA seem ok as well but more people pref the NICEIC best thing to do is look on websites and give them a call and have a chat with them all before you chose.
Regards
Tony.

Hi, I have got the same dilemma, but it seems NICEIC are just more popular among customers.
On the other hand I do mostly commercial jobs as a subcontractor, and very few domestic installs.
I have my 16th Editions since 1997, and recently I`ve done 17th Editions, but I still don`t have 2391,
so can I self certify my domestic installs?
I have asked NAPIT this question, but they just have send me application forms and...fees.
I am really confused about this part P and scheme providers.
I`ve been told to do 5 day course for domestic installer,
another £800 for a course, which I may not need, If I work mostly commercial!!!

There are many pros and cons of joining any of the schemes from being more well known to being the most helpful.

If you just need to register to be able to get on with your work and not need the branding (like myself), then maybe even consider one of the others.

At the end of the day, its what YOU want from the scheme and only you can decide on which one suits you best.

Thanks for your replies, greatly appreciated.

I qualified about 6 months ago, and I have just recently passed my 2391, 17th Edition and Part P. I work for a property developer who mainly refurbishes blocks of flats, houses and shops, and does flat/ house new builds. I'm the only electrician on his jobs. At the moment we have an outside electrical company coming in and testing my installs, we also pay for the building control side of things. I was under the impression going with a competent persons scheme will alow me to self certify all my work so I can do everything without notifying building controls and getting an outside electrical firm to test for me. Basically my boss wants to help set me up as he is packing up in about 2 years, then I will go it alone. What is the best way forward? Thank you for your suggestions.

Sam

Hey.

Personally I'm an NIC man myself, reason being most of the current scheme providers didn't exist when I joined up.

As has been siad a lot depends on the work you want to do.

Cheers.

Hi, I have got the same dilemma, but it seems NICEIC are just more popular among customers.
On the other hand I do mostly commercial jobs as a subcontractor, and very few domestic installs.
I have my 16th Editions since 1997, and recently I`ve done 17th Editions, but I still don`t have 2391,
so can I self certify my domestic installs?
I have asked NAPIT this question, but they just have send me application forms and...fees.
I am really confused about this part P and scheme providers.
I`ve been told to do 5 day course for domestic installer,
another £800 for a course, which I may not need, If I work mostly commercial!!!

If you dont have 2391,then you may be able to join napit (domestic/industrial/commercial) by them waving temporarily the requirement for the 2391 and you having to obtain the qualification in 12 months

The nic have lower entry qualification and will accept you as a domestic installerwithout 2391

If you do very few domestic installs,then you may need to ask yourself if it is worth the cost for a domestic installer status
Napit does not recognise a domestic installer status, all the applicants usually require the 2391passed in the last 5 years

Reply to NIC or Napit? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock