Discuss Nice testing opportunity , however does anyone know the average prices per circuit and sub-main? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys, i hope you all good !!
i have a quick question , i have to price a testing job to an 8 level office up town and im good at pricing labour for 8 weekends , however a few years ago (maybe 5) i think i was told a rule of thumb was each circuit was to allow £18 and each sub-main was around £25 per circuit

have i got this wrong ?? its just idd ideally like to compare my labour over 8 weekends with the suggested cost mer circuit to compare the difference (just incase theres others quoting also )

info: theres properly 50 circuits per level , 12 sub mains plus large comms and mechanical panel with 10ish 3 phase circuits

any input would be welcomed as as normal i alway like to come across to client that i have half a clue lol

thanks guys

Hi,absolutely no way of pricing "rule of thumb",with a large commercial. Too many factors,like access,security,assistance,dead/live,historic records,any limitations,any preliminary inspections,new customer or existing,times of access......there are many,many more :)

...and you state "nice"...which you can only know,if you have either done it before,or have just done it,and been paid...otherwise,it may be a "nasty";)

I had a look at a commercial premises yesterday - no previous EICR, 3 boards, poor labelling, and its open 8am to midnight 364 days of the year ...... and unplanned power outages would not be acceptable

I declined it

Anyone interested - its in Aldershot.

I was in Aldershot years ago,and there was a car-park cafe,in an old converted coach. They did a coronary belly-buster breakfast,on the biggest plates i have ever seen...i declined that,too :)

If you are in competition with other people then £18 is high in the current climate for a tender, it is very cut throat out there and I would not give a different price for a submain. You also need to factor in Report writing time which can be averaged as for every 100 circuits, allow one day.

I know someone who does periodics for a large sportswear shop across the south and they won’t pay no more than £6.10 a circuit.

Last edited:
As others have said 18.00 per circuit is high, only you know what you are worth.

Reply to Nice testing opportunity , however does anyone know the average prices per circuit and sub-main? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock