Discuss NICEIC Minor works certificate (18th edition) in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Zdb

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
I use my own MEIWC that I based on the NICEIC's version below:
NICEIC Minor works certificate (18th edition) IMG_20190219_0001 - EletriciansForums.net

Can someone confirm if the NICEIC are using the same certificate or if it has changed due to the 18th edition.

Also if it has changed, please could someone upload a scan on the newer version for me to use as a template.

thanks

I just prefer the layout of the NIC one.

Just took a look in the BBB and the two differences I can see are:
• tick box for a risk assessment when departing from BS7671.
• End to end resistance values for when testing RFCs.

The new NIC one is very different.

Edit- More in layout. Additional things are circuit details, board details, ir test voltage, RFC readings, AFDD check box, no x5 RCD reading, no Part P box.

Last edited:
If someone could provide a scanned image that would be great

I feel that the new NIC certs are very cumbersome, it just gets more and more time consuming completing certs. IMO there is far too much information to be gathered for alterations or additions to existing installations. This is particularly the case for regular clients where each job requires laboriously and utterly pointlessly inserting the same information as on the previous cert just because you have to. IMO all that is required for a MW is test readings. As a professional electrician it should be a given that suitability of supply, and protective measures will be verified as part of the job. Anyone who does not will jackanory the cert anyway so the thing is just a waste of paper.

I think that the addition of the end to end test results for RFC's is a good idea as I've always performed this test prior to it being on the MEIWC.

I would also write the Zdb on my cert in the comments whenever its practical to test. However I'm not a fan of this being officially added as when it isn't practical to remove the board cover I now have to put LIM in that box and I hate putting LIM on any cert!

There should never be a Limitation on any Certificate.
If you cannot verify something for whatever reason, just put N/V and make a comment under comments on existing installation.

The full NIC certificates are a nightmare, page after page after page of pointless tick boxes. I don't mind the minor works one, at least it is still one page.

The full NIC certificates are a nightmare, page after page after page of pointless tick boxes. I don't mind the minor works one, at least it is still one page.
It's become that so someone has to put their name saying they insected the item. The decent electricians would have carried out the inspections as BS7671 and would not have to be instructed to do so.
I think NAPIT do a three circuit minor works certificate.

One of the consequences of a full EIC for a small addition such as a single new circuit is that I now try and find ways to not install a new circuit and add the work to an existing circuit instead, simply because of the paperwork. This is especially the case in commercial premises where gathering all the required information is impossible without time consuming disruption. There you are , I've admitted to it.

Reply to NICEIC Minor works certificate (18th edition) in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock