Discuss NICEIC Partner with Rated People! in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

My company is with Elecsa at the moment, I have our inspection next week. I have been with NIC, they are as useless as all of them IMO.

This will be the last year I pay to be registered as "part p" because I do not want to be put in the same bracket as Electrical Trainee and plumbers, kitchen fitters, builders etc. No offence to them, but I'm sick of paying to register jobs that I dont really understand what type of register they are going on? If people sell their house, they only need to show the certs I gave them. People get my certificates, with my company name, address and phone number, so there is a paper trail should they need to contact me in the future.

Cant wait to tell Mr Elecsa and see what his argument is. 95% of my work is through recommendation, so no one will care if i have one of there badges on my letterhead or not.

if we all stood up like that , the scams would be forgotten in a few months.

This will be the last year I pay to be registered as "part p" because I do not want to be put in the same bracket as Electrical Trainee and plumbers, kitchen fitters, builders etc.

All fine and dandy if your work doesnt fall under Part 'P', unless you go the LABC route of course!

if we all stood up like that , the scams would be forgotten in a few months.

"Governments should be scared of the people, not people scared of the governments."

What is stopping anyone of you doing this? No one ever has called me and said," I saw your details on Elecsa/NICEIC website...."

What's wrong with rated people?
I was thinking about contacting each sparky in leeds on it to see about a mate's job or if one would take me on as an apprentice if I paid the.£500 a year course fee

As has already been said, it is the nature of the beast and was inevitable ....IMO you have two choices, either accept and comply, or think for yourself...unfortunately the correct choice may come with an unfounded in reality feeling of insecurities about getting work, although if enough electricians decide to think for themselves who knows.

What's wrong with rated people?
I was thinking about contacting each sparky in leeds on it to see about a mate's job or if one would take me on as an apprentice if I paid the.£500 a year course fee

Rated people should use this slogan;

"Rated people, turning tradesmen into cold callers since 2011."

Hey I see there is an NICEIC Engineer lurking in the browsing this thread bit...Im getting nervous now:chinese:

- - - Updated - - -

Rated people should use this slogan;

"Rated people, turning tradesmen into cold callers since 2011."

or "Turning tradesman against tradesman for money since 2011"

Come on then NICEIC engineer, give us the reason behind this, no point hiding now.

I cant speak for the NICEIC but Im sure there is a very strong case for how this is going to benefit its members.

"Think not what the NICEIC can do for you, but what you can do for the NICEIC" ...... or should it be the other way around?

rated people already a globule beast, most jobs I go to thay have already got a rated people in, when its fixed they all ways ask "why are you not with rated people" answers is the bloke that Puckked it up in the first place was

@ No31 post..........So it comes to this, waiting for the 2am kicking down the door and I finally dissappear hooded and tied, without a trace, but wait...what if I offer to register with the dark side, they like the glint of gold I think, with their lovely, ever so slightly, ---- type marketing insigniar, oh the red and the black and their wonderfull subtle slant on my way or the highway, Im so glad they wrote the regs and everything, I may even become a raped people oops rated people person.

Am considering my future as regards paying for Part P compliancy too..looking over my last 2 yrs work (for which I have paid over a grand in fees ) there were precious few clients there who gave a monkeys about 'P' or who for that matter even really knew about or understood it. I am wondering what exactly would have happened had I not notified those jobs at all? very little I suspect..and if I just certificated as normal and installed to the regs as normal, the only charge that could be brought, would be 'failure to notify' or whatever...has anybody ever actually been charged with that? come on fellas we really do need to stand up to the parasites...and as for RP..I have been trying to remove myself for some time now but the DD's keep coming...time to up my game I suspect..!

Im lucky. Almost all work is through word of mouth / recommendation. Im pleased to say I have never had to use such services as Rated People.

I think it works for some, not for others. I guess if you are starting out it is a good place to go as you have no reputation or customer base to work from.

but they are just like many services throug history, a middle layer, that put one person in touch with another and charge a fee. They do not achieve anything more than that. The worker is still required at the bottom (or is that the top?) to actually do something.

If you can avoid the middleman you can earn more!

its not an unusual phenomenon. Estate agents are middle men, employment agencies....etc etc.

well at least some good. estate agents are not now top of the list of the most hated. no.1 goes to rated people ( and all the other leeches ). no.2 is the scams, and estateagents are demoted to no.4. below the new no.3........ call centres.

Anyone know what the actual fine scale is for not notifying work under Part 'P'? e.g. change a consumer unit and dont register it, assuming of course that was your agreement with the householder!

Reply to NICEIC Partner with Rated People! in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock