Discuss NICEIC Partner with Rated People! in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Anyone know what the actual fine scale is for not notifying work under Part 'P'? e.g. change a consumer unit and dont register it, assuming of course that was your agreement with the householder!

Maybe the scams could tell us, seeing as they seem to think we need them to this work and notify it.

Actually the worst thing about RP is that a lot of the jobs simply don't exist, they are just lazy householders vaguely thinking they might do something one day & ooh I wonder what that would cost? Many times I have paid £11.40 for a lead that simply doesnt materialise and now there are no refunds for bad leads! I have tried to remove myself from their books but so far to no avail!

The last I heard was around £500 per offence but that was a few years ago so was wondering if anyone had some current info! Not that I know of anyone who has been prosecuted so cant say for definite.

I think a good idea would be for a group of us to start our own company to rival them.

The only thing stopping us is our lazy selves.

I would be happy to get a logo designed, buy a company name and put anyone on there that could prove competence. When it becomes non profit, you would find that not so many fish would slip through the net. There are some fantastic electricians on here, not only that but i gather they all care about this once respected trade.

I know there will be many people that believe this isn't possible, but how do you think they all started in the first place? One good idea, a good following and some hard work, and we could get it back to what it should be.

The last I heard was around £500 per offence but that was a few years ago so was wondering if anyone had some current info! Not that I know of anyone who has been prosecuted so cant say for definite.

I suspect that is becuase the councils never asked for extra paper work and have had trouble just emptying the bins and maintaining a bank balance at zero or above since. So its not even on the radar.

Well IMO.... its illegal to speed and in most cases I comply, its illegal to take certain drugs and in most cases I comply, it is illegal to earn money without paying tax where due and I always comply :lol::yes:but whether its illegal to install a new circuit to BS7671 and provide an EIC but not notify well who cares, I dont, the client doesnt, the notification cert says bugger all on it anyway, the LABC probably file theirs in a bin anyway, so I suppose it might be a waste of money being registered.....but would it hinder me working if I was not registered and couldnt or wouldnt afford it.......nah I'd carry on and earn a living doing exactly what I do now, to the best of my ability and would wipe away the guilt by just thinking about those well respected and honest bankers, MPs, estate agents, police officers etc etc who all follow the rules.

What about notifying a non existent job in your own home, getting the cert through. Then you have a template what one looks like. From there copy it onto your PC and issue one with your certs. Would anyone ever actually go that far to check?

What about notifying a non existent job in your own home, getting the cert through. Then you have a template what one looks like. From there copy it onto your PC and issue one with your certs. Would anyone ever actually go that far to check?

now then...that adds forgery to the list of offences..like your style!!

Could be a nice little earner for the councils then, equivalent of the speed ticket! Just need to work out a business plan for all that notifiable work not being notified and set up my own scam on a profit share with the local council to find it ...... just need to involve the taxman to do audits of local electricians and work they've done for checking ;)

Why bother with forgery........what you need is a co-operative of local sparks. Say 10-20-100 local sparks all qualified, make up some company name, register with a scam and notify all the work the 10-20-100 sparks do through this registered name.

I worked for SEEBOARD, EDF, and Southern Electric. When I was at EDF, they asked me to be the qualified supervisor for the part p inspection. Probably the best 2 hours of my life watching the poor bloke stumble through his questions, knowing full well he had no say in what we did whatsoever.

This is my point, the people that govern this are no better than the rest of us qualified sparks, it is a money making scam that needs to be buried.

The only way it will end is through a revolution.

Why bother with forgery........what you need is a co-operative of local sparks. Say 10-20-100 local sparks all qualified, make up some company name, register with a scam and notify all the work the 10-20-100 sparks do through this registered name.

I have long thought this a good idea its just getting it off the ground, and why stay just local? such a scheme could operate nationally say via this forum?

If anyone would like to take this further, lets get our heads together and sort it. Is there any way we can private message on her because I would love to get your emails and start this ASAP.

I just dont want to put my work email on here due to spamming....

Reply to NICEIC Partner with Rated People! in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net