Discuss NICEIC Partner with Rated People! in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

well at least some good. estate agents are not now top of the list of the most hated. no.1 goes to rated people ( and all the other leeches ). no.2 is the scams, and estateagents are demoted to no.4. below the new no.3........ call centres.

I have revised and amended your list TEL

No 1 POLITICIANS
2 BANKERS
3 RATED PEOPLE
4 THE SCAMS
5 ESTATE AGENTS
6 CALL CENTRES
7 ADOLF HITLER
8 JUSTIN BIEBER

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by NICEIC ENGINEER

NICEIC was approached with an offer by Rated People which we felt might be beneficial to our contractors.

There is no commercial gain for NICEIC. The offer is for a trial period only.

NICEIC is committed to promoting the work of its contractors to householders and believe all electrical work in the home should be undertaken by competent, registered tradespeople.

However, we appreciate your feedback on this issue and will be reviewing the offer going forward.

You must think that we were all born just yesterday trying to feed us that sort of crap!! Any organisation that can deem or certify a electrical trainee or a 17 day whizz Kid as being competent, as well as also ratifying the course's that produce these wannabe's is doing so for one reason, and one reason only PROFIT!!

Tying yourself up with an organisation like ''Rated People'' just about sums up just how far you as a company are prepared to go in Chasing the Dollar stakes....

This has nothing to do with helping your members, as any self respecting fully qualified electrician would have nothing to do with an organisation that charges the tradesmen you supposedly represent, in order to quote for a job of work.

So pull the other leg, it's got bells on!!!

NICEIC was approached with an offer by Rated People which we felt might be beneficial to our contractors.

NICEIC is committed to promoting the work of its contractors to householders and believeall electrical work in the home should be undertaken by competent, registered tradespeople.

However, we appreciate your feedback on this issue and will be reviewing the offer going forward.

just wondered what your contractors thought about this, or were they not asked before you made the decision for them?

will they get free 'leads', better 'rp' status?

I wonder what the NICEIC are doing about these two people involved in this prosecution case?? Are they both still under the NICEIC cloak of registered ''Competent'' persons?? Or, have they been defrocked so to speak, i think NOT!!

I wonder if NECEIC ENGINEER actually believes the rubbish he comes out with or that he gets paid enough not to care..

next thing is we'll have napit teaming up with my hammer. the organisation could be called pit hammer.

quote_icon.png

You must think that we were all born just yesterday trying to feed us that sort of crap!! Any organisation that can deem or certify a electrical trainee or a 17 day whizz Kid as being competent, as well as also ratifying the course's that produce these wannabe's is doing so for one reason, and one reason only PROFIT!!

Tying yourself up with an organisation like ''Rated People'' just about sums up just how far you as a company are prepared to go in Chasing the Dollar stakes....

This has nothing to do with helping your members, as any self respecting fully qualified electrician would have nothing to do with an organisation that charges the tradesmen you supposedly represent, in order to quote for a job of work.

So pull the other leg, it's got bells on!!! [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Like we all know 99% of companies go into business for one reason only......and that's for the money
Not me though......I do everything for the greater good of course :p

Like we all know 99% of companies go into business for one reason only......and that's for the money
Not me though......I do everything for the greater good of course :p

Yes, that's correct, nothing wrong in that at all, but most if not all, are honest about it and don't try to make out, that they're something they most definitely are not!! Which the all scams and in particular the NICEIC seem to think they can do with impunity. They seem to think they can lie and get away with it, ...to it's members and the general public alike.

Yes, that's correct, nothing wrong in that at all, but most if not all, are honest about it and don't try to make out, that they're something they most definitely are not!! Which the all scams and in particular the NICEIC seem to think they can do with impunity. They seem to think they can lie and get away with it, ...to it's members and the general public alike.

They'll be sponsoring the agencies next...with the aim of getting into that game !

NICEIC is committed to promoting the work of its contractors to householders and believe all electrical work in the home should be undertaken by competent, registered tradespeople.

Do you honestly think we were born yesterday? This is possibly the biggest load of nonsense I've ever had the misfortune to read.

Please tell me the official line on this scenario-

I set up a business with myself as QS, which according to your rules I'm well within my rights to do, I operate within a few miles of my home town and chugg along merrily paying my fees and being "audited" once a year.
I then get a large social housing project at the other end of the country handed to me and employ a load of poorly trained, semi literate clowns to do this work on my behalf while I sit back, notify the work and watch the £s roll in.
How do you propose that this work is checked because I don't care as long as the cash is coming in and there's nothing in your rules to prevent me from doing this. Plus, it's up to me which jobs I show you during the annual "audit"

After you've given me the official line you can give me your personal opinion.

The whole thing is a very bad joke.

I then get a large social housing project at the other end of the country handed to me and employ a load of poorly trained, semi literate clowns to do this work on my behalf while I sit back, notify the work and watch the £s roll in.

Your forgot the bit about killing someone in the process :( :( :(

Maybe they can be encouraged in a similar way to do some real promotion of the trade! My Area Engineer said that they're talking about getting rid of the "free" Essential guide at the end of the year they'll probably sell it instead for ridiculous money and insist the members have access to it , thus increasing their fees, in my view its about the only good thing they do supply to their members.

Reply to NICEIC Partner with Rated People! in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net