Discuss Number of sockets row in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

greekislandlover

Don't know if I'm going mad, senile or just plain wrong on this, so looking for opinions.

At college we were taught that the number of sockets was calculated by counting each outlet point. IE, doubles and trebles still counted as one outlet point. Had a discussion with a colleague today on this issue, and he believes that doubles count as 2, trebles as 3.

Got out the OSG (brown one :eek:) and somewhere around page 150 (sorry - OSG lives in van so no reference to it right now) it states that doubles and multiples count as 1. Couldn't find any reference to this in GN3, and couldn't find any specific reference in the regs book (didn't try TOO hard I'm afraid!).

So out of interest, what do others think on this one?

Thanks!

as spud ,when i'm doing the count up for the certs i treat doubles as one. think in terms of accessories ,with a double you still only have one set of terminals
i could be wrong

So for the avoidance of doubt, a twin socket, fused spur, single socket are all treated as 1 point for cert purposes?

Reply to Number of sockets row in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Grateful if someone could offer some advise, I'm struggling to find a definitive answer to this. I have a double socket, it was on the ring main...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
Hello there, we are wanting two new double sockets in our kitchen, one will be below counter to accommodate gas hob and ovens ignition plugs...
Replies
Views
Morning all So the site I'm based at recently had some work done (think partitioners). This package of work included electrical. This was...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock