Discuss On small jobs charging for cable in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

That’s the thing; quoting is a ‘fixed price’. If you then start adding extra bits without consultation with the client, it can get a little ‘messy’. Me personally, if I’ve checked everything and there’s no issues then a quote is fine. Estimates are good as they can remain (fully explained to the client) ‘fluid’ owing to any unforeseen major issues. Also, if I’m quoting, I always add a little ‘fudge factor’ on to the price to allow for little bits here and there.

at least it's in inches and not milli thingies.

what costs more a yard or 3 feet of cable....
at 10 bob a foot, both cost the same. but if a yard of cable is 5 bob a foot and 3 feet of cable is 10 bob a foot. then one costs twice as much as the other.

But inches are divided into 8 bits, or 16, or 32, or 64, not 100 bits.

I am but a simple bear and my head just can't grasp 1.97 inches. If you want to divide things into 100 use metric, if you want to use inches but be very accurate, use smaller traditional fractional divisions.
as im no-one of us over the age of 40 can visualise mm. 3 feet we can see. 900mm we need to use a dual tape measure. same when i want to print a photo. 8" x 6" fine. wtf is 205mm x 152mm.

as im no-one of us over the age of 40 can visualise mm. 3 feet we can see. 900mm we need to use a dual tape measure. same when i want to print a photo. 8" x 6" fine. wtf is 205mm x 152mm.

Speak for yourself.
1 meter is tip of thumb on right hand to left nipple... (approx) right arm out to the side of me..

1 meter is for leccy. the other is for gas.

and the tip of right thumb to left nipple is a decent size of cheesecake.

I like the dual approach...open up your tape-measure, read off the size and it,s 8 and a half inches, and 2 mm...deadly accurate!

You big boy....

Reply to On small jobs charging for cable in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net