Currently reading:
Outdoor socket.. Help please?

Discuss Outdoor socket.. Help please? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DPrice

As title says.

Me and my dad have been thinking of doing this for a while so thought id ask for some suggestions on here.

We want to put a single outdoor socket on the side of our house for a small charger which stays outside.

In the house there is a double socket just over 2 feet to one side of where wed like the socket to be outside.

Would it be o.k if i spur off of this through the wall, and take a short bit of a plastic conduit from the wall to the outdoor socket?

Or does anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

If the fans spur is part of the original ring it's fine. If it's not and it's already a spur itself, then you may have to put in an additional fused spur that has a 13amp fuse in it, then feed both the fan spur and new outside socket from the load side to prevent a unfused spur off a spur.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or you could call it,
An accidental low-resistance connection between two points in an electric circuit, resulting in either excessive current flow that often causes damage or in a new shorter circuit that draws current away from the original pathways and components. :D;)
I can't split hairs with you, not with a name like baldsparkies.:D:D

i could try and top that but at this stage of the evening,beer is involved:confused:
what i meant was, a short circuit, ie, phase to neutral, shorting out load will not trip an rcd;)

Blimey Pennywise your worst than my missus, from no spur needed to three of the buggers :D:D
Just kidding mate, just kidding, Agree with you on this and the logic behind it, just wanted to add, make sure the fan spur is off the ringmain and not fed from the lighting circuit (Fans sometimes are)

Blimey Pennywise your worst than my missus, from no spur needed to three of the buggers :D:D
Just kidding mate, just kidding, Agree with you on this and the logic behind it, just wanted to add, make sure the fan spur is off the ringmain and not fed from the lighting circuit (Fans sometimes are)

I change like the wind :D I got it down to two fused spurs, can add another if you like ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Pemnywise - i'm certain it's already a spur itself.

Is what your saying one of the options I suggested?

Which is add a new fused spur supplied by the fans fused spur, then run the new supply to the outdoor socket?

Sorry if I'm being stupid or confusing.

Thanks Chris_gray - that's exactly what I suggested further up the post.

But Reading other posts suggests otherwise.

Or I'm just reading them wrong.

I think I'm just going to do it that way!

Reply to Outdoor socket.. Help please? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back