Discuss Part P with Stroma in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

WTF ANOTHER competant persons scheme FFS ELECTRICSAFE should be the ONE and more importantly ONLY scheme run Not more and more each additional scheme provides not only more hassel for consumers but LESS regulation as they MAY not have as stringent checks and requirements as NICEIC ELESCA NAPIT and may "water things down"
]

Maybe Dan should set up a Part P "company" - managed and run by us trusty sparkies, for the benefit of the sparky and its primary focus is educating the Public!!!!

Maybe Dan should set up a Part P "company" - managed and run by us trusty sparkies, for the benefit of the sparky and its primary focus is educating the Public!!!!
Maybe we should form a pressure group to get building trades recognised as professions. In the same way as no one can call themselves solicitors, doctors, accountants etc no one should be able to set up in building trades without a certain minimun level of qualifications. One governing body for each trade.
With a bit of thought by the trades themselves I'm sure it's workable

First read this thread a week ago. Being interested in going self employed I sent them an email asking a few questions about what they would want to see, what would be the lead time for them sending an assessor etc, to date no response not even an acknowledgement.
Has anyone heard anything from them, if so I'd be grateful for some info

Same here, questions sent a week ago, nowt back. Not impressed

WTF ANOTHER competant persons scheme FFS ELECTRICSAFE should be the ONE and more importantly ONLY scheme run Not more and more each additional scheme provides not only more hassel for consumers but LESS regulation as they MAY not have as stringent checks and requirements as NICEIC ELESCA NAPIT and may "water things down"
]

What a novel idea ..... of course there wouldn't be a mountain of money to make out of us that way though!

No Sparty BUT the consumers would have ONE list to check ONE website to visit ONE line of complaint On contractors side I see ONE as the way to go as with all these differnt schemes popping up you get consumers saying "iv never heard of NAPIT" ect NICEIC should do what they were started for and REGULATE the electrical work being done instead of just making money and letting every man and his donkey with a 4 week course go and practice their DIY skills on other peoples premisis
The government had CORGI now GASSAFE n people recognise it people and it has clout NICEIC Ect ect ect ect have no clout except for using their name without their permision ( paying them monies) its just developing into one giant cockup

No Sparty BUT the consumers would have ONE list to check ONE website to visit ONE line of complaint On contractors side I see ONE as the way to go as with all these differnt schemes popping up you get consumers saying "iv never heard of NAPIT" ect NICEIC should do what they were started for and REGULATE the electrical work being done instead of just making money and letting every man and his donkey with a 4 week course go and practice their DIY skills on other peoples premisis
The government had CORGI now GASSAFE n people recognise it people and it has clout NICEIC Ect ect ect ect have no clout except for using their name without their permision ( paying them monies) its just developing into one giant cockup

totally agree.

Maybe its coming?

"ELECTRIC SAFE" - £92 A YEAR :))

A reply to the enquiry would help.
"The man who deals with it is not in the office today", eh??
They subcontract the CPS out to a company called Greenstar.
Greenstar are a training company.
Need I go on??

Most customers dont care who you are registered with they just want the best possible price and to know its legal. Its only on commercial work where NIC is often specified or on some builders specifications but mostly it is not a problem so if your work does not call for the ego of NIC high prices go for the most economical available. Lets face it when people have technical problems or queries they come on this site for the answer first before contacting their Part P partner. lol

Another email from them, nothing for weeks then 2 in one day....apparently they have had technical issues but will be up and running again by the end of next week.
Looks like Elecsa are getting my money, bit more expensive but at least they have a structure and a reputation amongst the industry

Reply to Part P with Stroma in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net