Currently reading:
Pat testing LED

Discuss Pat testing LED in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

android12

Hi does anyone know the procedure for pat testing a 600 x 600 led light fitting with electronic ballasts and transformers, Is this classed as sensitive equipment also metal casing so class 1, any help much appreciated. This is my first post !

Don't normally do Portable appliance testing on a lighting fitting, its installed in the ceiling so its hardly portable, but saying that PAT includes Fixed, Moveable, Static and portable equipment

Hi does anyone know the procedure for pat testing a 600 x 600 led light fitting with electronic ballasts and transformers, Is this classed as sensitive equipment also metal casing so class 1, any help much appreciated. This is my first post !

Yes don't bother testing it, what is the point ? Ridiculous

I don't think you realise, 1000's need to be done as they come off a production line so that there is a starting point of traceability for the product as well as proving that the product is fit for purpose. So "don't bother" is not the professional help that I was looking for. I shall try a different forum. But thanks for at least having an opinion on the subject it shows that at least you bother.

If the light fittings are coming off a production line, then they need to be tested with a machine that is far more substantial than a PAT tester. The machine in question will need to offer tests such as a withstanding test at various voltages, high voltage dialectric tests, discharge times etc. Have the lights been or will they need to be CE certified?

Perhaps if you had mentioned that you had 1000s to do, the the answers may have been a bit more helpful, lack of information often results in lack of answers doesn't it?

I don't think you realise, 1000's need to be done as they come off a production line so that there is a starting point of traceability for the product as well as proving that the product is fit for purpose. So "don't bother" is not the professional help that I was looking for. I shall try a different forum. But thanks for at least having an opinion on the subject it shows that at least you bother.
you cannot Pat test a Light unless it has a plug top on it.

It's not called PAT testing "In service inspection and testing of electrical equipment" it doesn't have to have a plug connected to it, to test anything without a plug you have to be qualified.

Reply to Pat testing LED in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock