Discuss Please Explain The Lack Of Brexit in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

negotiations? i think we settled that the first two times germany tried to rule europe ;)
and then that wet cabbage John Major and later Blair and New (Blue) Labour signed it all away to the Germans without a shot being fired. Marvellous stuff. Still I bet their pensions and future employment wages are safe regardless.

27 nations are staying together because it gives them great trading advantages over other countries who are not in the club
Many more non members are desperate to join the club

One country has this delusion that its largest and nearest trading area (which it is leaving)has for some reason been expected to give them preferential treatment in matters of trade agreements

Trade agreements takes a decade or more to form and this country will be getting hit for six when its finally realised that the EU can get along without us very well thank you
Never mind,I'm sure there will be agreements with Chad,El Salvador and perhaps Burma in future that may make up for our EU divorce

27 nations are staying together because it gives them great trading advantages over other countries who are not in the club

One country has this delusion that its largest and nearest trading area (which it is leaving)has for some reason been expected to give them preferential treatment in matters of trade agreements

Trade agreements takes a decade or more to form and this country will be getting hit for six when its finally realised that the EU can get along without us very well thank you
Never mind,I'm sure there will be agreements with Chad,El Salvador and perhaps Burma in future that may make up for our EU divorce
britain is several countries, and if you include the commonwealth britain is substantial, its a buyers market , our ancestors coped with uboats sinking supplies, im sure we will manage just fine without europe and their pen pushing, nobody is fighting to get into the EU.

uk is in the top 5 wealthiest countries, or was last time i checked.

its not even about the money , its about security, do you want to be governed by people nobody in your area voted for? why should i work hard only for it to be given to an entirely different country?

lets stick to securing our borders, i like to know who is in my tribe, the people on this island nation are for the most part similar in culture, why is it only western countries being forced to be multicultural? what if the cultures were importing are a waste of time?

the immigrants from africa and middle east think nothing of stoning women to death or setting them on fire for not covering their hair or whatever nonsense their book of spells tells them to do, do you want to live around those people?

britain is several countries, and if you include the commonwealth britain is substantial, its a buyers market , our ancestors coped with uboats sinking supplies, im sure we will manage just fine without europe and their pen pushing, nobody is fighting to get into the EU.

uk is in the top 5 wealthiest countries, or was last time i checked.

its not even about the money , its about security, do you want to be governed by people nobody in your area voted for? why should i work hard only for it to be given to an entirely different country?

lets stick to securing our borders, i like to know who is in my tribe, the people on this island nation are for the most part similar in culture, why is it only western countries being forced to be multicultural? what if the cultures were importing are a waste of time?

the immigrants from africa and middle east think nothing of stoning women to death or setting them on fire for not covering their hair or whatever nonsense their book of spells tells them to do, do you want to live around those people?
You see this makes my point elsparko.
Des 56 makes a perfecty valid point about the EU, one which you can disagree with and make a reasonable counter argument if you wish. But you can't get more than a couple of papagraphs in before you revert to type and have another rant against foriegn people.

You do know that Africa and the middle east are not places in Europe right? It's got nothing us leaving the EU.

You quite rightly say that we are the 5th richest country in the world (though I suspect that we're probally 6th now after the devaluation of the the pound since the referendum) Where do you think we would be if we were never in the EU? 3rd 2nd? the biggest economy?

@ andy and des. it's not the trading position with europe that made us vote for out. it's the meddling corrupt eu, interfering with our laws etc.,telling us we can't eat bananas that have a bend radius < xx millimeters ffs. sending all the riff raff unskilled immigrants they don't want, but let them in anyway.

fail to see what a bbc news link to a man being attacked has anything to do with this, obviously you cant ban muslims from a country, doesnt mean we have to adapt our culture to suit their needs, why should i even entertain the opinion of someone who believes that mohammed split the moon? seriously.

That was actually my post, this Greek guy was assaulted because his attacker heard his 'foreign' voice, and had a hatred of all things foreign.

Should we perhaps take the same view on all Muslim peoples, and do a Karadžić on them. Little over 20 years ago, 8,000 Muslims murdered, because they were different.

@ andy and des. it's not the trading position with europe that made us vote for out. it's the meddling corrupt eu, interfering with our laws etc.,telling us we can't eat bananas that have a bend radius < xx millimeters ffs. sending all the riff raff unskilled immigrants they don't want, but let them in anyway.
You have never been told what shape fruit you can eat Tel, but hey, don't let the truth get in the way. I remember seeing Boris Johnson at the start of the referendum campaign stand in front of a crowd and say with a stupid grin on his face that it is ilegal to sell bananas in bunches of more than 2. And that was in front of the TV cameras and no one challenged him.
The EU do not send their unskilled 'riff raff' here, unskilled workers come here to pick fruit, lift crops, work in factories, work in the care sector, the hospility sector and on and on. Can't be bothered to list more as I'm of to work.

No they are not, the way the 27 member EU is at the moment is now pushing away other nations because they have to negotiate with 27-members rather than one, this makes it very complicated to refine a deal with each member. Recently the UK has secured deals with China, India etc as a pre-empt sweetener to our upcoming new position, China stated it is very difficult trying to negotiate with a 27member block but very quick easy and simple to negotiate with an independent nation. If you want further proof of this, this has been expressed by the EU elite themselves as an issue, this is why they are driving to become a superstate and removing powers from its members.

Firstly we are leaving what is no longer a trade union, we however are not ceasing trade, although there is a lot of remainers rhetoric that the EU will punish us it is not exactly in a good position to do so, it has to maintain that impression to limit a rising of other EU nations leaving, behind closed doors it is we who are in a very strong position, we owe little to nothing as can be confirmed by taking it the legal route, the EU has not done this because they know the answer 'lack of action speaks very loudly here', any money we pay out is actually a goodwill gesture to keep on good terms, the only outstanding issue would be pensions which we can transfer to us and deal with ourselves, our assets are roughly equal to our commitments at this moment in time.
We are in negotiations, like a boxing match we see a war of words, undermining of opponents etc to try swing public opinion, it's really strange how the media jumps on and flushes the TV with any and every comment the like of Barnier, Tusk, Macron etc say, these comments, leaks and expressed opinions are all designed to try show they have a stronger position than they have and to try sway public views, reality is that the UK is in a very strong position and they know it, shame the press fail to show this viewpoint in equal measures.

Yes other trade agreements do take years or even decades or never actual transpire like the USA, that been said, they need this kind of time to bring there own products, standards and requirements in line with the EU, this can take many yrs. The UK on the other hand is already in line with ALL these issues and actually leaves very little to be sorted out, we are in a unique position and you cannot compare us to other nations be it Canada, Turkey or an internal member outside the Single Market.

I have followed EU politics for a few decades now, I see misguided rhetoric on both sides in the media while the main points are clearly been missed, if you want your children to live under the EU rule where they have no democratic system that allows them to remove those that decide how they live there lives then we could remain in the EU, if you wish to carry on paying higher prices on tariffed goods like shoes clothing and food from the EU because they have ring-fenced the trade block then lets stay in the EU, if you want low quality goods at over inflated prices because high tariffs have been imposed on any competition outside the EU then let's stay in, if you want to join the failed Euro as this would be an eventual certainty if we stay then why not let our economy take the hit for shoring up the failing southern member states, like we already do..
The EU model is failing, its currency HAS failed and is only been kept afloat by the bankers fears of another world crash if it does go under... I can cite any of my opinions with solid data and not left or right wing rhetoric from a daily rag.

Last edited:
You see this makes my point elsparko.
Des 56 makes a perfecty valid point about the EU, one which you can disagree with and make a reasonable counter argument if you wish. But you can't get more than a couple of papagraphs in before you revert to type and have another rant against foriegn people.

You do know that Africa and the middle east are not places in Europe right? It's got nothing us leaving the EU.

You quite rightly say that we are the 5th richest country in the world (though I suspect that we're probally 6th now after the devaluation of the the pound since the referendum) Where do you think we would be if we were never in the EU? 3rd 2nd? the biggest economy?
obviously africa and middle east arent in europe, trhat is where the majority of the immigration is coming from though, do you not pay attention to the news?

if you knew me you would know how outrageous your "you hate foreigners" nonsense is.

fancy a chat with some of my immigrant friends who think exactly the same as i do?

He probably already knows.
yeah he does, as he used the eu human rights nonsense to avoid extradition to face charges of terrorism, a bloke who loses his hands making bombs, openly preaching hate on our street and it took almost a decade to do anything about him, because of your buddies in brussels.

im not asking for a ban on muslims to this country, all im asking is that security services treat them as we are, how many muslims get away with rape because of council officials and police too afraid to appear racist? because of people like you who cant discern that islam is not a race.

Reply to Please Explain The Lack Of Brexit in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock