Discuss Positioning of an electric shower pull cord. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

If your using this as a legal quote then the info given is a guide only ,you should be quoting from the BGB and as your working in a special location the circuit should be tested , before and after work is carried out ....

No, not a legal quote, merely looking for clarity.

I always test and self certify.

If your using this as a legal quote then the info given is a guide only ,you should be quoting from the BGB and as your working in a special location the circuit should be tested , before and after work is carried out ....

Using something of an internet forum for legal purposes! :smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

I've always worked to 7671, seventeenth edition at the moment.

Should I not take the advice offered them? As I said, I was looking for clarity on dimensions, that's all.

Using something of an internet forum for legal purposes! :smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

Yeah , bit of a joke really , don't know how some people get by , should have said in the first place about using this as a legal quote , might as well ask Joe Blogs in the street what they think ...LOL...:juggle2:

I haven't yet got the latest yellow regs, no. It's only been out a couple of weeks?

Yes, I have a full compliment of test equipment. Calibrated too.

Big Green Book!

Yay for me! I figured out that you're referring to the regs! Apologies for not spotting the acronym, but yes, I've always owned my own copy. And test equipment.

I would be also looking at approved Document M...Wetrooms for disabled can more involved than you think...Electric showers must not reach temperatures above 41c, thermo valves must be fitted to sinks to prevent the same.

Hmm, let me explain a bit more.

The shower is already in and working. It has an isolation device (cooker switch) located in a cupboard on the back of the wall that the shower is mounted on. Trouble is the water pressure drops occasionally causing the shower to thermal. This involves the person wrapping themselves in a towel and walking around to the cupboard, switching the isolator off and back on. Then they go back to the shower to continue. This is not ideal.

I've been tasked with fitting an isolator within the DDA/shower room, and just wondered if there are any specific dimensions for locating the pull cord. I can't find any myself, so thought I'd ask.

Two 10mm cables into a pull cord? Child's play.

Leave the isolator where it is and fit a thermostatic electric shower.

Reply to Positioning of an electric shower pull cord. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net