Discuss Positioning of an electric shower pull cord. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

not that easy, dave. all our street has the same problem. anyone flushes the bog, shower goes cold with the low pressure light on.

united utilities have been out. they say there's 3 bar in the road, and the problem is the supply pipes from road to the houses and in them. then again i trust them as far as i can throw them. the water supply is diabolical. reeks of chlorine like a swimming baths. can't drink the stuff.

By you fitting the pull cord doesn't stop the shower from the problems it's having it just means the pull cord is closer to turn the shower on and off to over come the problems. this isn't ideal either and certainly there will be a way of fixing it properly instead of installing a pull cord closer to the shower lol

I think the best solution would be a salamander mains booster fitted to mains water supply just above water stopcock or a replace the shower with a thermostatic electric shower that can cope with the fluctuation in water pressure.

The client is talking to the landlord about solving the pressure issue, but in the meantime they'd like a simple solution that doesn't involve traipsing round to the cupboard dripping wet to re-start the shower.

I think the best solution would be a salamander mains booster fitted to mains water supply just above water stopcock or a replace the shower with a thermostatic electric shower that can cope with the fluctuation in water pressure.

That's a fair answer, but I believe the shower is less than a year old, they might not want the expense of a new shower.

I'm not a plumber and only have limited knowledge of showers. Could it be that they fitted the correct shower at the time, but something's changed since then? I was told that they're trying to resolve the pressure issue with the landlord, but I don't know what that issue is.

I'm not a plumber and only have limited knowledge of showers. Could it be that they fitted the correct shower at the time, but something's changed since then? I was told that they're trying to resolve the pressure issue with the landlord, but I don't know what that issue is.

download the manufactures instructions and see if the electric shower is compatible with a gravity fed water supply.

and also have a look at fitting something like this, if it is the case.
Triton T80si Pumped Electric Shower 8.5kw - Plumbworld
www.plumbworld.co.uk › Showers › Power Showers
The Triton T80si Pumped is a tank fed integral pumped electric shower designed for installations where the pressure of the mains water supply is too low, ...

Last edited:

Reply to Positioning of an electric shower pull cord. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net