Discuss Problem on job with bungalow in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

but whatever the outcome. this should not be discussed on a public forum.

Well, he has a part P and an NICEIC logo on his website, so he must be registered with them, or at least some competent person scheme.
Either that, or his firm doesn't carry out any electrical work, but merely subbies out to people who are all NICEIC registered.

Do tell, axel :)

I am not being difficult Tel but your logic behind this is what ? we have so much crap on here at times..and we are not allowed to disagree in case someone reads it ? Sorry mate that seems floored.
J

Because accusational claims without proof can be viewed as slanderous .....and a whole can of worms for the site.

Because accusational claims without proof can be viewed as slanderous .....and a whole can of worms for the site.

Tel said...
disputes between sparks , of whatever nature, should not be open to anyone who can access the forum..

No mention of Libel or Slander just disputes, my point was we can't now have a 'Dispute' ? you and I had a dispute a week or two ago over a thread, we agreed to disagree, you had your view, I had mine,so now we can't disagree ?
J

Guitarist, I am not making any judgements on anyone here, absolutely not but...just because someone has logos on their website is not a guarantee of anything these days. I read last week of a company that had claimed membership of the ECA, had their logo on the letterhead, website etc and were taken to Court ( by a local Council I think who for various reasons were unhappy with their work). It transpired that they were not ECA and they were fined for misrepresentation. ( I think they had made some declarations in a pre qualification document around their membership).So there are chancers out there and logos prove nothing, but as I said that is not to suggest anything about anybody contributing to this thread.! ( I haven't got handbags big enough to get involved in that battle, lol)

its either a trapped neutral intermitently shorting out in a socket , or one possability ,the house hasnt got a cat , seen them pee over sockets and cause the exact same fault

I am not being difficult Tel but your logic behind this is what ? we have so much crap on here at times..and we are not allowed to disagree in case someone reads it ? Sorry mate that seems floored.
J

no disageement with you there. what i'm trying to say is that a dispute between sparks, whether it's are you or are you not, qualified/scam member/ whatever, should not be for public ( non sparks ) viewing. reason being, a member may have quoted a job claiming (maybe quite rightly) to be a member of one of the scams, then somebody calls this in question, his prospective customer reads the thread/post, then bins his quote.

I'd like to draw the line at slandering pussycats! Any lavatorial incidences, if evidence there is of this, would be the fault of the owner and not the cat in question lol!

no disageement with you there. what i'm trying to say is that a dispute between sparks, whether it's are you or are you not, qualified/scam member/ whatever, should not be for public ( non sparks ) viewing. reason being, a member may have quoted a job claiming (maybe quite rightly) to be a member of one of the scams, then somebody calls this in question, his prospective customer reads the thread/post, then bins his quote.

Then that needs to be addressed by admin ? i get back to my request for a noobs lounge who will support this ?
J

Back to the OP's question, I would imagine the full usual selection of tests on this circuit would identify the problem, or at least be a good start, my normal procedure is follow one hunch (60% success rate) and if that fails then do a proper diagnostic test!

a member may have quoted a job claiming (maybe quite rightly) to be a member of one of the scams, then somebody calls this in question, his prospective customer reads the thread/post, then bins his quote.

Yes, but it's dead easy for axel to remove the doubt right now by saying what company details he/unicorn is registered with NIC. Given that his business website address is in his sig, and his name is on the website, what's he got to lose if there's nothing to hide?

I think he better confirm the polarity on these sockets is correct before diving in

Niceic fraudster indeed :confused5:

If the claims about being Niceic registered are correct

I would dismiss any charges made against him
In order to want to be asociated with that lot,who are the destroyers of the electrical trade,he must surely be bordering on "not of sound mind" M'lord

Reply to Problem on job with bungalow in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net