Discuss Radial - 2 way switch and 1 way switch in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mandinga1975

Hello all

Hopefully one of you can help me with this as I cannot see the wood for the trees?!?!

Have to wire a radial with a 1 way switch (controlling 1 lamp) and 2 two way switches (controlling 1 lamp).

The wiring run goes from the CU to the first lamp (which subsequently goes to the 1 way switch) - all using PVC twin and earth.

The wiring then goes from the 1 way lamp to the 2 way lamp - loop in (which subsequently goes to the first of the 2 way switches) - again all using PVC twin and earth.

My questions are as follows:

I presume that I will need to use 3 core cable for the link between switch 1 and switch 2.

If I loop in from one lamp to another wouldn't that link the 2 way switches to the 1 way lamp? I think this is a stupid question as you'd wire them seperately in the ceiling rose.

Thanks for any help - heads quite mashed at the moment with study and exams, but I've passed my exams for this certificate so just the installation to go!!!

Dan

You do need 3 core to link the two two-way switches.

I think you'll find the loop in only supplies a feed to the ceiling rose (the lamps aren't looped). The switches supply the live from the ceiling rose to the lamp.

Sounds like a standared lighting circuit, but not sure if you have explained it right as it seems from your description that the feed in from the CU is going into the light switch itself????

Reply to Radial - 2 way switch and 1 way switch in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net