Discuss Radio Controlled Boat in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

happened to the septics when they wasted bin laden. they lost a black hawk egg-beater.

With an old mobile phone, some soldering, endless amounts of tinkering, some servos and a Arduino Uno, you might be able to control her from an ipad. Just can't think of a way to overcome the time delay problem between the devices. I’m going to search the internet. Someone has bound to have done it already. If not, we are onto a winner here….lol

Contact the Taliban, this sounds like instructions on how to make a bomb :blush2:

The Taliban don’t need my help, they are doing just fine without me….lol. I’m in the market for a new project. I would have made one for a little bit of fun but the end result would have been crap. But that boat looks loads of fun.

My new project is building one of these

Attachments

• buzzard.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 21
A little bit prettier than your last recommendation mate but buying isn't going to be as pleasurable as holding that knowing I made it. Then plugging it in and hitting a big fat E chord.

A little bit prettier than your last recommendation mate but buying isn't going to be as pleasurable as holding that knowing I made it. Then plugging it in and hitting a big fat E chord.

I know - it's a bit like rewiring yer own hoose - instead of paying a "proper" spark to do it. ;

The electronics are very complicated mate, not just the usual volume and tone. There's on board parametric equalisation which gives a vast aray of different tones. Push and pull knobs activate active and passive circuitry so you can switch from a standard arrangement to give a massive growl.
There's an exert from a documentary called Thunderfingers on youtube all about John Entwistle who designed the bass originally. He's got his stage amplification set up in a room in his house and he demonstrates it's versatility to Gordon Giltrap.
It is an absolutely terrifying instrument. :)

If I still had the flightcase business, I could have made you a nice case for it ......Plush- lined, Cardinal Red, Royal Blue or Black..... for a small consideration of course.

Of course. The case is the only thing I have doubts about, I'm probably going to go for aluminium lined with a high density foam covered with something very soft, with the amount of paint and lacquer I plan to put on it I don't want it scratched.

Of course. The case is the only thing I have doubts about, I'm probably going to go for aluminium lined with a high density foam covered with something very soft, with the amount of paint and lacquer I plan to put on it I don't want it scratched.

Well the ones we used to make had the sides and ends made from a custom aluminium extrusion.

The top & bottom panels were 6mm birch ply with a glossy black and textured phenolic resin coating like is used to make wagon trailer floors.

Lid secured with butterfly catches and continuous "piano hinge" and a strong leather handle to carry it by.

REALLY good quality, but a but too heavy to carry about on the bus or Metro. You can chuck it on & off trucks & aircraft all day long and it won't break. One of our customers who was a real pro session bloke brought his case back to show us the effect of some nutter firing a shotgun at it. Apparently, he was having a quiet drink in a bar somewhere with the guitar in its case by his side, and some bloke ran in & let loose with a shotgun.

The case to almost the full force saving his legs from injury and the guitar - an Overwater 6 string thingy - inside survived too. I wanted to give im a new one free-of-charge and use his "shot" one for advertising purposes, but he wouldn't hear of it - he wanted to keep the "shot" one as he thought it was a lucky charm.

Might be a stupid question but presumably the 6mm top and bottom are fixed with screws?

No, they slot into a groove in the top & bottom extrusions, then a 5mm pop rivet with a grooved shank (to bite into the wood) is fired in at 6 inch intervals.

Forgot to mention, the inside of the case was a solid block of foam with the shape of the guitar cut through it then fitted with rests to support the neck. Lid filled with foam too which closed onto the top of the guitar to stop it rattling about.

We also made them for shotguns & rifles and other bits of kit for the M. O. D. that I'm not allowed to mention ...........

When the time comes I'll have to get more info off you about the aluminium extrusion. I've decided it's going to hang on a wall mount on our chimney breast when not in use (which won't be very often) :)

No, they slot into a groove in the top & bottom extrusions, then a 5mm pop rivet with a grooved shank (to bite into the wood) is fired in at 6 inch intervals.

Forgot to mention, the inside of the case was a solid block of foam with the shape of the guitar cut through it then fitted with rests to support the neck. Lid filled with foam too which closed onto the top of the guitar to stop it rattling about.

We also made them for shotguns & rifles and other bits of kit for the M. O. D. that I'm not allowed to mention ...........

Eh? Eh? :30:

Reply to Radio Controlled Boat in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net