Discuss rated down lighters shower in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
quick question, red book shows 2.25 m for zone 1
if you had ceiling a lot higher than 2.25m above shower tray/ cubicle with fixed shower head would you fit anything other than rated IPx4 light fittings.
have a customer with some fancy box marked zone 3? GU10 downlight fittings that she thinks are the mutts nuts

if its higher tha 2.25mm then its classed as outside the zone , zone 3 doesnt exist anymore
but i would still use IP rated fittings as the guys have said

Last edited by a moderator:
still get steam in non IP rated though. when they burn out, get the customer to replace with IP44 min.

cheers for the replys guys .
hate it when customers buy fittings blind
was happy with the out of zone bit but not use to fitting non IP44 fitings in a shower area.
rcd and bang em up it is then ,sit back and wait for the remedial work when they crap out :)

she will be able to have sizzling showers

I would say they are not suitable for the location,out of zones perhaps, even something like a lamp shatterring,it could cause injury to someone in the shower at the time if they are not enclosed

Reply to rated down lighters shower in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

good afternoon. ive got a chap coming to change my db and i also want to change my bathroom lights to downlights...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 112675
D
I have refused to fit customer supplied non fire rated downlights before as there were living quarters above but I'm never too sure of the 'rules'...
Replies
Views
hi all, ive recently completed a loft conversion part of which was a shower room. Originally i fitted 3 x IP65 rated fixed downlights but the...
Replies
Views
I have 4 downlights in the bathroom above the shower all are MR11 - 12v 20w. One is directly central above the shower cubicle and 3 are approx...
Replies
Views
Hi all, up until now i have only done jobs for love(homers for family and friends) but a painter friend of mine has asked me to price a wee homer...
Replies
Views
Adam W
A

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock