Discuss Rcbo, more info in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Seank

Hi all, sorry had probs submitting a post. Ok here we go, have replaced CU and put in RCBO's 6a 32a 40a. all wired in, RCBO cpc fly lead to designated bar, N to its bar. L & N out, correctly wired into RCBO and cpc to earth bar. supply polarity correct. bus bar is solid not flexy. Energised circuits no probs. pressed test button Flash bang on three buzz and fizzl on forth. now MCB side of things work but no operation of RCD. IR test done with RCBO leads and out E L N disconnected. RCBO is a B type WYlex
What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
barring any obvious cock-ups on your part, it looks like electrium have struck again.

Is it common for ELECTRIUM products to go like this, I cant think of anything that I might have done. I am fully qualified but have only a little experience. What should i do?

if possible, get a mate ( a sparks, obviously) to give a 2nd opinion. perhaps try a different make to temp.replace 1 of them. if he agrees that they're duuff, return RCBOs to suppliers and get replacements.

Have the same questions as the others however I don't use wylex that offen but the last time i did i was changing tenanted flatlets/bedsits with new boards and used wylex 5way cu's with rcbo's due to the board sizes were the smallest i could find with dimentions, anyway out of 5 cu's two of the 6amp rcbo's self destucted on pressing the test button and i mean blew up with scorch marks up the side and out the top where the earth flylead comes out. took them back and replaced no problem. This was just after the wylex recall i may add. never been a lover of wylex and always used hager since then so can't say I have had it happen again so don't know if a bad batch or what as wholesaler never gave me any info after. Don't know if this is relavent to your problem but for so many together to go like that and of different sizes would suggest a major problem which should most definately need investigating, think of the concequences if this fault left no OCD/earth leakage protection after you had gone.

well, that looks like a result. problem has occurred before.

after the electrium MCB scare, i'm sure suppliers have got old stock gathering dust. probably a bad batch.

Reply to Rcbo, more info in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock