Discuss Recommendations for reputable Online Centre providing the full 18th edition course with Exam in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone recommend any reputable and cost effective online training centres in London which provide the 18th edition course including the exam?

I’m based in East London and want to see what organisations are out there in London which provide this course. I’m looking for online specifically pls.

Thanks

H.K

I'm a little confused as you say "online training" but also specify a location?
I used Learn Zone Media online training for 18th edition which you can purchase with an exam in a centre near you when you are ready.

I'm a little confused as you say "online training" but also specify a location?
I used Learn Zone Media online training for 18th edition which you can purchase with an exam in a centre near you when you are ready.

Yes i mentioned location as well incase i am unable to do the exam online for whatever reason.

Hi I think you should probably wait a few months as I believe the new 18 edition update will require a new course
Hmm…

But i need the 18th edition to get into work. How many months would i have to wait exactly because i need work ASAP and don’t think i can wait that long to be honest. Thanks for the heads up though!

I done mine with learnzone media I didn't rate the content and watched sparkyninja on uoutube instead as learnzone was just someone reading the regs book. It can all be abit dry so I had it on while doing other stuff and played it back at 1.5 or 2x speed.

XS training do a course, they are a sponsor too.

I done mine with learnzone media I didn't rate the content and watched sparkyninja on uoutube instead as learnzone was just someone reading the regs book. It can all be abit dry so I had it on while doing other stuff and played it back at 1.5 or 2x speed.

XS training do a course, they are a sponsor too.
Is watching sparkyninja enough preparation for the exam? In other words will it suffice me to pass the exam?

What were the pros and cons of Learn Zone Media?
It’s basically someone taking you through the regs and highlighting the most important ones, and there’s tests and an exam simulator.
It worked for me but I knew most of the basic concepts already from previous work.
I agree it’s a bit dry. The key to passing the exam is understanding the structure and layout of the regs book, so you can find the right thing quickly and LZM biggest plus is that it helps you with that.
Most of the places you end up sitting the exam in also do their own course.

The sparkyninja stuff is long and there's a lot of explanations. The exam simulator with lzm was alright and highlights areas where you might struggle. You need to be enrolled on a course for most examination centres to accept you but the pass mark is about 60% so you shouldn't fail.

It’s basically someone taking you through the regs and highlighting the most important ones, and there’s tests and an exam simulator.
It worked for me but I knew most of the basic concepts already from previous work.
I agree it’s a bit dry. The key to passing the exam is understanding the structure and layout of the regs book, so you can find the right thing quickly and LZM biggest plus is that it helps you with that.
Most of the places you end up sitting the exam in also do their own course.
How long will it take to revise everything on average? Or is this based on an individual basis?

How long will it take to revise everything on average? Or is this based on an individual basis?
I’m struggling to remember - I think I spent two weeks on the LZM content and another 2 weeks revising then booked my exam and earliest slot was another 2 weeks away.
All the best, however you decide to do it.

Do it now if you need it for work! doing it online was advertised at an extra £60 but you need to be set up and know that you will be watched throughout the exam and have to prove who you are etc etc knowing how to use the regs is essential to being a sparks so we all need the Regs and how to use it that's all the courses do online or not teach you how to use the book for the regs you don't or cannot remember

Do it now if you need it for work! doing it online was advertised at an extra £60 but you need to be set up and know that you will be watched throughout the exam and have to prove who you are etc etc knowing how to use the regs is essential to being a sparks so we all need the Regs and how to use it that's all the courses do online or not teach you how to use the book for the regs you don't or cannot remember
Ok Thanks for that @Spaldingsparks

I purchased the 18th a couple of years ago just before Covid 'Trevor Web Learnzone Media' online I started this course and found that sitting the mock exams I kept passing with 70% + without actually swallowing the regs to do it but I have been a sparks for a long time so using the regs quite alot
Thats brilliant. So you felt that your years of experience plus the mocks, really helped you pass the exam?

Reply to Recommendations for reputable Online Centre providing the full 18th edition course with Exam in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net