Discuss Recommended brand for outside flood light in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has a preferred brand of outside LED flood light (30watts with PIR sensor) Replaced a dud Screwfix brand jobby (LAP) like for like a couple of months back and the thing packed up before Christmas. I've been asked to source the replacement this time around and just curious to what people recommend.

I have tried hi sec, faulty, niglon, faulty.
Now gone on to ansell, over Xmas started to put up some from toolstaion time will tell.

I put a 10 quid amazon jobbie up at my house 6 years ago and it is still going strong , its a pir light so only comes on periodically so not left on for hours and hours, Think is Lepro

got a Ansell 30watt at home, been in 5 or 6 years. no problems. cost about £45.

Ansell seem to be as good as any of the off the shelf ranges.
I've had to replace a few Ansell, my wholesalers ended up sending their entire Ansell floodlight stock back to Ansell as the failure rate was so high

Did they start to flash and then end up really dim?
When replacing them they where just pretty dim if I recall, had several others for other jobs that under wholesaler instruction I sent back as faulty, even though brand new and still in the box. Also took down working floods and replaced them when on same jobs.

I've had bother with pretty much all floods I've supplied be it Ledvance, Luxna, Elex, Luceco, Ansell. Have a house with about 20 Ledvance floods fitted and reckon only reason I've not been back to change any is they next to never turn them on (which begs the question, why are they even there!)

Reply to Recommended brand for outside flood light in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock